Included Copenhagen shore excursion

Dauntless

I know I'm either very early or very late for this question. I'm doing the Viking Homelands cruise next year and right now I'm planning Copenhagen. The included shore excursion seems very long for the description through Viking. A drive by of several well know places and then to the island where the palace and Parliament meet, among other things on the island and then back to the ship. The area covered seems to be very small and not that far from the port. Most panoramic tours I found are about one and a half hours. I did find one for 4 hours but it included touring the palace and some of that area. Panoramic usually means drive by so I'm a little confused as to what is being offered. Can anyone give me insight into the actual excursion experience?

Thanks

I'm not at home now and will have to look this one up. I know I did an optional tour and my DH did the included one, but can't remember the details except where the ship was docked and walking to the little Mermaid in the rain. I do remember the optional one was good for this port but will have to get back to you next week. Feeling badly that no one is responding to your request...where is everyone?

id4elizabeth---It's understandable that there is not much response now but there have been a lot of "looky loos". People aren't there now and maybe the earlier group is off cruising and haven't checked in. The vast majority might be looking to find out information but haven't experienced so they don't post. Time is on my side. I don't discuss this with my traveling companion until the Monday after Christmas and we don't sail until September. I'm sure, thanks to people like you and the "Kindness of Strangers" I won't be left at the alter when the ship docks, but I will be prepared.

I know I'm either very early or very late for this question. I'm doing the Viking Homelands cruise next year and right now I'm planning Copenhagen. The included shore excursion seems very long for the description through Viking. A drive by of several well know places and then to the island where the palace and Parliament meet, among other things on the island and then back to the ship. The area covered seems to be very small and not that far from the port. Most panoramic tours I found are about one and a half hours. I did find one for 4 hours but it included touring the palace and some of that area. Panoramic usually means drive by so I'm a little confused as to what is being offered. Can anyone give me insight into the actual excursion experience?

Thanks

We were on the Maiden Voyage and took the Copenhagen included tour. I only mention the Maiden Voyage, because it was the first time Viking had operated tours in Copenhagen. That said, it was very enjoyable, the guide was very well informed, and you got a great overview of Copenhagen. We did get off the bus and watch the changing of the guard, but the remainder of the tour was all on the bus. Copenhagen is a very small town. That afternoon we took the Viking free shuttle back into town and then walked around for a few hours, stopped and had a drink along the water and at that point we decided we were closer to the ship than to the place where we would pick up the Viking bus so, we opted to enjoy more of the city and walk back to the ship.This gave us another visit to the Little Mermaid without the morning tourists around. The included tour gave us a very good taste of the sites and charm of Copenhagen.

We were on the Homelands tour Bergen to Stockholm that left on June 13.

The shop docked in the morning and as our included tour was not until 1.30 we got off and did our own thing as soon as we could. We walked past the Mermaid and took photos without the many tourists and then continued our walk into town via the Garrison and the Palace where I was ale to have my photo taken with a guard.

Once in town we did our own canal tour that was about 1.15hr long. Really enjoyed this and was able to see a lot more of the city than we would have

Once back on dry land we continued to explore and came through the city shopping centre (pedestrian only) and back via gardens to the ship.

After lunch we joined our included tour but unfortunately due to it being election day we were not able to see as much as we could have as the traffic was horrendous. We did manage to get back to the Palace again and learnt more from being with our very informative guide

If you are up to exploring on your own this would definitely be the way to go.