Verizon gift card questions

Preacherman46

I know there are other threads but I have tried to search for answers and must have missed them.

I have seen where you can add the amounts of your cards at guest services or a kiosk. Some comments have sounded like you could add them to your account before sailing. If so, how, and does the final payment have to be in first?

Also, there are comments about using it to help pay off the cruise. Does that mean using it on final payment and if so, did it have to be booked through Carnival instead of TA?

Thanks.:)

You can use them for any portion of your cruise booking: deposit, payment on it, final payment. Doesn't matter.

Yes you can use them if booked through a TA. I've done now with two bookings as have many other people I know. If your TA won't accept the cards, fin a new TA. They are absolutely valid forms of payment.

You can use them for onboard credit but no you can't add them before the cruise. Some terminals will allow you to add them when you're checking in. But if not, just add them at Guest Services or at one of the kiosks.

You can use them for any portion of your cruise booking: deposit, payment on it, final payment. Doesn't matter.

Yes you can use them if booked through a TA. I've done now with two bookings as have many other people I know. If your TA won't accept the cards, fin a new TA. They are absolutely valid forms of payment.

You can use them for onboard credit but no you can't add them before the cruise. Some terminals will allow you to add them when you're checking in. But if not, just add them at Guest Services or at one of the kiosks.

Thanks so much for the answers!

I have had a lot of trouble even finding where to buy them. Is it possible for someone to post a link? I know they are not always available, but I would like to try keeping an eye out for them.

Thank you!

Copied from rainbowbride12

"Verizon customers join Verizon Smart Rewards, and can then use points they've accumulated by being a Verizon customer to purchase the gift cards or other offers. I got mine at verizonwireless dot com"

Thank you. But, I have seen this multiple times. I have verizon for my landline and internet & am enrolled in myrewards. Are they only available for wireless customers? Is this different from smart rewards?

I belive it only for verizon wireless. Check out the AARP gift card theard for information about getting the card threw there website.

I have had a lot of trouble even finding where to buy them. Is it possible for someone to post a link? I know they are not always available, but I would like to try keeping an eye out for them.

Thank you!

http://rewards.verizonwireless.com

Alternatively you can go to verizon wireless dot com, sign in like you would to pay your bill, and look for the smart rewards link which appears toward the top of the page.

Edited by winddawn

I just made final payment for a January, 2016 cruise using AARP and Verizon gift cards. I called my TA and she said all I had to do was to give her the gift card numbers which I did with an E-mail. I also provided the scratch off numbers also indicated on the gift cards. It all went through without any problems. It was that easy. I now plan to bring additional gift cards to pay the Sail and Sign account and also the deposit for our next cruise. Easiest 10 percent you will ever make.

After months of trying I was finally able to score some Verizon Carnival gift cards. One thing I had not seen mentioned in the threads, was that they are shipped UPS and a signature is required for delivery. Had I known that, I would have had them shipped to my office. I placed 2 separate orders and on one I had to call and confirm the order and I was able to change the shipping address, on the 2nd it just said they had been shipped, nothing about a signature being required until I clicked on the tracking number and found out there. This order did not ask me to call and I was unable to switch shipping address to office address. Interesting the lack of consistency, but thrilled to finally have scored some.

After months of trying I was finally able to score some Verizon Carnival gift cards. One thing I had not seen mentioned in the threads, was that they are shipped UPS and a signature is required for delivery. Had I known that, I would have had them shipped to my office. I placed 2 separate orders and on one I had to call and confirm the order and I was able to change the shipping address, on the 2nd it just said they had been shipped, nothing about a signature being required until I clicked on the tracking number and found out there. This order did not ask me to call and I was unable to switch shipping address to office address. Interesting the lack of consistency, but thrilled to finally have scored some.

The delivery methods, time between ordering and receipt has been discussed ad nauseum on this board. Maybe not this thread. There are so many of them. $500 cards are always delivered via UPS. $100 cards come regular mail.

I always wait until the site is updated with a shipment tracking number, then call to have them picked up. Easier for me but I have 2 UPS locations within 10 minutes of my house. I have never had to confirm the purchase but I have heard of others getting that same call.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk