Carnival Legend - Duty free alcohol

SnoA

Just got back from the first Australian voyage of the season aboard the Carnival Legend.

This was followed by the big crash to earth when it came to duty free liquor collection.

It seems that they are continuing with the new American procedure of collecting the duty free alcohol on disembarkation morning. And I will tell you it was total chaos.

At one point the line stretched from the collection point in the Round Table Room through the photo shop(past the queues of passengers waiting to disembark) and up to the gift shop. Some people queued for over an hour and it was a very unhappy crowd.

I understand there was quite a few unclaimed goods, as people had to leave the ship to get early flights.

The final memories for many passengers will be the long queues. Not ideal customer service.

Interested if the procedure has changed on the Spirit as well?

Edited by SnoA

Just got back from the first Australian voyage of the season aboard the Carnival Legend.

This was followed by the big crash to earth when it came to duty free liquor collection.

It seems that they are continuing with the new American procedure of collecting the duty free alcohol on disembarkation morning. And I will tell you it was total chaos.

At one point the line stretched from the collection point in the Round Table Room through the photo shop(past the queues of passengers waiting to disembark) and up to the gift shop. Some people queued for over an hour and it was a very unhappy crowd.

I understand there was quite a few unclaimed goods, as people had to leave the ship to get early flights.

The final memories for many passengers will be the long queues. Not ideal customer service.

Interested if the procedure has changed on the Spirit as well?

they do that so people cant get it early and get drunk on the last day and make a fool of them selves

I believe they have gone this way on the Spirit as well.

I understand the logic behind it but unless the process gets streamlined I know that I won't bother buying duty free. Gotta say I find this very disappointing as duty free shopping is good fun!!

We disembarked from the spirit on 6th October. Our duty free alcohol was delivered to our cabin the evening before. There were long lines disembarking because of a medical emergency...passenger airlifted by chopper as we diverted to Brisbane...resulted in a 3 hour delay arriving in Sydney. Everyone had to vacate their cabin anyway and either wait in public areas or line up. Maybe they changed their duty free arrangements because of this?

Sent from my iPad using Forums