Which pay restaurant would you choose on Escape if you could choose ONE?

CamaCama

There are 7 of us total... 2 are kids (6 and 2.5 yrs old).

We want to do 1 restaurant that is NOT complementary as a treat on the last night and originally booked Bayamo but after seeing the menu posted by another cc member there doesn't seem to be anything I would like (I'm kinda picky, no fish/meat just chicken) and esp not anything the kids would like.

Now I'm debating between:

La Cucina (Italian)

Teppanyaki (Japanese)

Food Republic

I know la cucina and teppanyaki are on the other 'away ships so if you've eaten there which do you recommend?

We want to do 1 restaurant that is NOT complementary as a treat on the last night and originally booked Bayamo but after seeing the menu posted by another cc member there doesn't seem to be anything I would like (I'm kinda picky, no fish/meat just chicken) and esp not anything the kids would like.

La Cucina (Italian)

Teppanyaki (Japanese)

Food Republic

I know la cucina and teppanyaki are on the other 'away ships so if you've eaten there which do you recommend?

Teppanyaki puts on a good show, usually.

If the kids want to eat something different than you you can order from any restaurant, at least on other NCL ships.

For only one I'd go for Teppanyaki or Cagney's. If I did several, La Cucina would definitely be on the list too (probably not working for OP though as the chicken parm can be a hit or miss).

Edited by Demonyte

La Cucina (Italian)

Teppanyaki (Japanese)

Food Republic

After seeing photos of the menus and food, and reading comments of recent Escape cruisers, I’d pick Food Republic. Having said this, for the kids I'd pick Teppanyaki - when we went the kids at our table loved the "show".

From that list Food Republic we enjoyed every dish from there. Not keen on Teppanayki too much butter and not Japanese at all!

What would you recommend at Food Republic? I cannot wait to try it! Of all the specialty dining and a la carte menus I've seen so far, it has the most items I'm looking forward to tasting. Agree with you on Teppanyaki - my favorite local Japanese restaurant is way better. I do think young kids will find it entertaining though.

Oh man ok, Teppanyaki was last on my list just b/c we have hibachi here that we go to often and I've heard it's super salty from other NCL reviews. BUT I can see how it would be fun with the kids to do on the ship! La Cucina I was leaning towards b/c of the great views and we'd be eating 5:30/6 whatever earliest they had available, sailaway is 7pm from Nassau so I thought it would be nice to eat on the waterfront or sit out there once we're done. Food Republic I think is going to be the winner though, the menu looks incredible!

After seeing photos of the menus and food, and reading comments of recent Escape cruisers, I’d pick Food Republic. Having said this, for the kids I'd pick Teppanyaki - when we went the kids at our table loved the "show".

We are sailing on the Escape in the spring, I was wondering where you saw the menu's for the pay eating places.

Thanks in advance.

We are sailing on the Escape in the spring, I was wondering where you saw the menu's for the pay eating places.

Thanks in advance.

I'm in my phone right now but freestylenovice, Keith Jenner, steamboats and Kiki have posted a lot of photos of the ship, food and menus. I don't remember who posted what but if you post your email address I can email them to you when I get home this evening as I compiled them all into a word document.

I'm in my phone right now but freestylenovice, Keith Jenner, steamboats and Kiki have posted a lot of photos of the ship, food and menus. I don't remember who posted what but if you post your email address I can email them to you when I get home this evening as I compiled them all into a word document.

I've seen them but with so many posts have lost some in the shuffle. I'd love a compiled word doc if you dont mind sharing. ryan.mccubbin@gmail.com

We were just on the 2 night Hamburg to Southampton and ate in Food Republic for lunch on Monday. We had chicken wings, lamb chops, sushi and calamari. It had a a mixture of everything and all for sharing. We liked the atmosphere.

If you want a formal dinner than maybe not the place to be but very tasty.

La Cucina we have not been to since the Epic as it as Italian as Disney World!! Hopefully it may have changed.

Off to Rome next week for work for real Italian food :-)

We don't have children so cannot comment on what small people would like!

Here's my take - I would not take the 6 and 2.5 to one of the $-based restaurants. I would think the special night out is for the adults, not the kids as at that age most would be happier with kids-friendly food and a picnic on deck. Splurge on childcare! You can make up the time with them a hundred times over.