Bayport and fog

hlb76

Is there times of year where the fog issues are more common than others? Also when there are fog delays what has been the experience of making it in to port. I know you can never predict weather and it's all a crap shoot. But I'm trying to decide on flights home post cruise and when would be a safe time to expect to be able to catch a flight. I found a 135 flight out of IAH that I would love to book but not sure if I'd be gambling too much. We are looking at booking a late March cruise.

The worst time of year for fog on Galveston bay is Jan - March, however much of the time when there is fog it will burn off by 9:30 - 10:00 am and therefore only delay arrival by a couple of hours. Although as you know it can happen anytime cool air meets warm water, we ran into fog returning to Bayport last November, thanks to an early season cool front and did not get off the ship until almost 1 pm (thankfully we live in driving range of the port). Another thing to consider is the distance to the airport, IAH is around 45 miles from the Bayport cruise terminal, on weekends this is not so bad as long as there is no road construction, but if you happen to be booking a cruise that returns on a weekday expect some delays. Personally knowing the Bayport and Galveston cruise conditions I would not try to book an outbound flight from IAH before about 3:30 PM, or from Hobby (20 miles from the port) before about 2:30 PM.

thanks for the info. here I thought I had the perfect thing picked out lol Then I remembered all the other factors that go with sailing from Texas. No I remember why I normally avoid looking to book from here. ;)