Boarding Majesty in Boston

Surfdancer

Can anyone tell me if there is any priority or VIP boarding for AB suite passengers at the Black Falcon Pier. I am sailing out of there on 10/16 with my adult daughter and her 3-1/2 year old son. We were told by our TA that we would be sent to a separate line (not the Latitudes group) for boarding. Now, has anyone actually done this? What happened? Were you able to get on any earlier - like around 11 AM or noon? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know. Traveling with little Max is going to be a challenge if we get there at 11 AM and then stand around until 1 PM - if we know we can't get on until later, we'll just plan to arrive later, but if there is any way we can get on board earlier, that would be sooooo wonderful. I called the cruise line twice and was given a different answer each time; one agreed with the TA, the other said, no, they only gave VIP service to owners' suites. Is there anyone out there who can tell me what the deal is for AB suites?

Right next to the Lattitudes line there is a Suite check in line. If you want to walk right on with "little Max" you may want to wait until around 2:00 pm. We were in line for about 30 minutes after check in (11:00 am) to board the ship. I believe all Lattitudes and Suite passengers board at the same time. Have a good trip. You'll love this ship.

It has been our experience that all the Suite passengers and Latitudes passengers queue in the same area, but there are one or two check-in clerks reserved exclusively for Suite passengers. There is an NCL staffperson checking the tickets of all passengers trying to queue in that area, and redirecting any who don't qualify. At the head of the line is a second NCL staffperson checking the docs again, and directing all Suite passengers directly to the marked windows.

After you've checked in you are directed up a separate escalator which brings you to the head of the security check-in line. You are promptly processed through this area and board immediately (much to the chagrin of all those waiting in line after standard check-in!) This is done individually, and not all at one time, so the line moves quite rapidly, and you are sent through security as each of you arrives at the top of the escalator. No mass-movement or waiting for others to finish check-in.

I will agree that this is the fastest check-in, with the least chance of long lines, but it's somewhat difficult to give you a "best time" to arrive. I would try and shoot for 11:00AM and hope not too many others are thinking the same timeframe. :p You'll discover that the NCL staff are as accommodating as they can possibly be during the check-in process!

Have a great time - you're going to love this ship!

Thanks to all for your reply...the phone people at NCL were not sure what the process was in Boston. Max (or Mad Max) is not a wild kid, but he is a typical 3-1/2 year old with the usual energy and curiosity. When deciding to spend the extra $$$ on a suite, having a few perks, like special check-in, was a big factor. Again, thanks for all of your input. I am SURE we are going to have a great time on this ship.

We boarded the Majesty out of Balck Falcon two weeks ago. We were not Latitude members, but were put through as though we were. I kid you not, that we were processed and on board within 15 mins. I was very imprest. I don't think the AB Suite will make a differnce, but they do all they can to make it all as smooth as possible. We arrived at the Balck Falcon Terminal around 1am and got right on.. :):D

We boarded the Majesty out of Balck Falcon two weeks ago. We were not Latitude members, but were put through as though we were. I kid you not, that we were processed and on board within 15 mins. I was very imprest. I don't think the AB Suite will make a differnce, but they do all they can to make it all as smooth as possible. We arrived at the Balck Falcon Terminal around 11am and got right on.. :):D

Archived