Hale Koa-proximity to dock

Shellyjean

I am thinking of staying at a non-cruise pick for a night or two before our cruise in Hawaii. The Hale Koa (Armed forces hotel in Honolulu) is a lot cheaper than the ones I have seen offered. Will there be a lot of extra expense with transfers and air diversions if I do this that will make the savings not worthwhile? Ihave never been to Hawaii before an am clueless about transportation issues there. Thank you.

Transfers and air diversions? It's smack in the middle of Waikiki. A taxi fare will not be bad at all to the Pier or Airport.

Do not hesitate to stay in this hotel! It is totally great! The restaurants are just fantastic, the grounds are beautiful and huge, the pools are great.. Parking is across the street, but you're not driving anyway I think.

Do it! Fantastic deal for military, and nothing substandard about it. I live in Hawaii and stayed at this hotel last year when the house was tented for termites. We were so happy when they called to say they needed another day.

Thanks so much for the input. I can't WAIT for my cruise-although the embarkation date is making me a little nervous after my previous cruise was cancelled due to mechanical problems!

Leaving on April 1 Honolulu-Ensenada

1986 Thanksgiving "Big Red Boat"

Archived