cruise selection-looking for input

cruzrmomma

All things being equal, i.e., price, itinerary and class, what sets these apart?

Traveling with no kids this time, and another couple. (we are not drinkers)

Star princess or Explorer of the Seas.

I know Star has more hot tubs, maybe better food, RCI a few more 'sporty' things to do and nice entertainment.

But which one has overall better activites and service? And Princess Cays or Labadee?

Thanks

For my choice it would be without doubt Star Princess. For you, it would be hard to say. Your brief description of the 2 ships was pretty close. Let me just add that Explorer will have more families with children and a wider variety of music venues because of the ship size & passenger count.

Star has a good variety also but in a quieter way. You will see more couples and more elegance. BTW those hot tubs and pools are open 24 hrs. Either ship would be a good choice for different reasons. It depends on what type of cruise experience you want. But my vote goes to the Star Princess.

Both ships would be good choices. You didn't mention when you are traveling. If it during a time when the schools are out for a holiday, the Explorer will have more kids, in which case I would go for the Star. if you are not travelling during a school vacation, then I'd go with the best price and port schedule.

Archived