waitlisted late seating odds

Seayalater

Actually, you are probably in pretty good shape. Two of our tablemates had been 150+ on the list. If you don't get your dining preference before you sail, just check with the maitre'd once you're on board. I'd be willing to bet that you can get into the late seating without any difficulty.

On our cruise on the Caribbean Princess, more than 70% of those on board had never sailed with Princess before and were unfamiliar with how the Anytime dining concept is supposed to work. That might have added to the problems. I think the large number of people requesting tables for two also caused delays. Hopefully the dining room staff will have it sorted out before long.

Just completed:

Caribbean Princess Apr 3/04

Golden Princess Apr 10/04

Coming up:

Tahitian Princess Oct 14/04

If you go right to the Maitre'd when you board you shouldnt have a problem. Many times they have tables that have been actually assigned. I've gotten tables for two when the travel agent, etc have shown them all booked.

Many people reserve traditional seating and then when they board they change thier mind and give it up. Or should give it up, but unfortunately not everyone is that considerate. Some people just never show up but don't bother letting anyone know that they won't be using their reservation.

If they would just take a minute to let the Maitre'd know, it will free up the table for those who really want traditional seating.

Anyway. . . do check the first day on board to see if something becomes available.

1972 - Song of Norway, Caribbean

1980 - Hawaii American Curise line, Tahiti

09/01/2002 - Veendam, Alaska

05/29/2003 - Pacific Princess, Alaska

11/26/2003 - Star Princess, Australia/New Zealand

5/28/2004 - Star Princess, Venice to Barcelona

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;05;28;21;0;00&timezone=GMT+0100

11/06/2004 - Diamond Princess, Mexican Riviera

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;11;06;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

I see from the Princess website that we are waitlisted #21 for the early 'traditional' dinner sitting (my husband and I had requested a table for 2). I was a bit surprised as we booked this cruise over 2 months ago.

I called Princess to confirm and asked if they could also waitlist me for the traditional late sitting, but they refused. They said the alternative would be to switch to 'anytime' dining or to wait until we arrived on the ship and perhaps something would have opened up by then.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Archived