Voom Internet on RCCL ships. Ping rate, bandwidth and pricing.

I've been aboard the Allure of the Seas since Oct 18,2015 Round trip BCE and BCE to FLL crossing and have become addicted to the new high speed Internet. Ping rates have been about 287 ms, good enough for gaming (World of Tanks) and I'm wondering what other ships have the Voom Internet service (O3b)? Cost for the crossing is $15 a day and I'm Diamond Plus so I get a $60 discount. I think the cost is very reasonable for this level of service. I'm day 9 on the crossing from BCE to FLL and Internet services are still good. I just measured the speed at 23 Mbps up and 9 Mbps down.

Edited by serialcruiser48

Only on Oasis and Quantum class ships currently.

I have a friend onboard Oasis right now and she has told me that it was $10 per day for 1 device and $15 for 2 devices. For the week after her D+ discount it was $10 for 1 device.

I'm wondering if they are dropping the prices further or if this is just some kind of test.

Majesty after dry dock will have the high speed Voom Internet and will be sailing from Port Canaveral close to home. I think $15 per day is reasonable. On Majesty it will be free. Will be good to keep in contact with our cat sitter.

Edited by 2CatsInFlorida

Majesty after dry dock will have the high speed Voom Internet and will be sailing from Port Canaveral close to home. I think $15 per day is reasonable. On Majesty it will be free. Will be good to keep in contact with our cat sitter.

Yup sounds reasonable,we are getting it on allure next week....

Cat sitter?Lol. :D

Our cat will be alone for a week while we are gone and will love it..

Cats are the most self efficient,relient animals on earth..

We have my mother stopping in twice just to change water and food/ litter box.

Not flaming you for having a cat sitter... To each their own..

I did have one for a dog once but now we kennel him..They dont take cats though.

• 4 weeks later...
Yup sounds reasonable,we are getting it on allure next week....

Cat sitter?Lol. :D

Our cat will be alone for a week while we are gone and will love it..

Cats are the most self efficient,relient animals on earth..

We have my mother stopping in twice just to change water and food/ litter box.

Not flaming you for having a cat sitter... To each their own..

I did have one for a dog once but now we kennel him..They dont take cats though.

Yes cats are very self efficient pets. But they also are known for getting them selfs in trouble. This Aug I was on vacation in Colo and have lefts our three cats for a week at a time many times - this vacation broke my leg and was away 11 days really wish we had a cat sitter (more like cat checker). Our cats where not good - I am guessing stress - when we got back. So plan on having cat checker on our next cruise.