Noise in rooms near the elevator on Summit?

i-m-ed

I am looking at rooms 7176, 7178, and 7180 on Summit for the bigger balcony. My TA says not to take the rooms as they are too close to the elevators and the bigger balcony isn't worth the noise we'll experience.

Has anyone been in rooms near the elevator? If so, was the noise bad?

Thanks,

Ed

Actually there is a bit of truth to this but not because of the elevators...the loud people who don't have enough respect to keep their voices at a reasonable level in public places, that's the problem with being near an elevator. On our last cruise we were close to an elevator it was certainly a bit noisier than I would have prefered.

Dan

CenturyX1,GalaxyX2,HorizonX5,VolendamX1,

Zenith to Bermuda Oct/04

Century to E.Caribbean Feb/05

**email mrtnb(at)efni(dot)com

I was in 7176 on Millennium, and it was WONDERFUL!! The first day I heard the "BING" of the elevator, but after the first hour or so, you actually forget about it....really!! The balcony was actually big enough that our next door neighbors in 7180 had 2 regualr charis, a small table, and a lounge chair. It was tight, but they enjoyed it. Ours was just as big, and we had 3 in our room (All adult women), and never felt cramped.

It was so convenient to walk out of the elvator,or come off the stairs and be right at our room. I LOVED it!! We're booked next to the elevators on Summit in March!!

Take Care,

Jaime

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;3;21;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until We're on the Summit!!

We stayed in 7180 on Summit this past February. It was great! No noise from elevators and the balcony was 1/2 again larger. We had 2 chairs and a small table on one side of the balcony and a lounge chair (had to ask room steward for it)on the other side, worked out very nice. Enjoy!

Sandy

Celebrity Summit 2/7/2005

2004 Summit

2003 Infinity

2003 Century

2002 Century (twice)

2001 Horizon (twice)

2000 Nieuw Amsterdam

1999 Mercury

1998 Westerdam

1997 Noordam

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by angelpug:

..... We're booked next to the elevators on Summit in March!!

Take Care,

Jaime

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks everybody!

By the time I made my mind up the rooms were gone so I ended up with the rooms across the hall for our March cruise. (Are we neighbors Jaime?)

I take it the balcony is much bigger than a standard one then?

I have become a big balcony fan after having the large wrap around aft balcony in room 1100 on Serenade last March. I really wanted, and have waitlisted a FV room for next March's cruise. I think / hope the room size isn't that important as we spent very little time in the room on the last two cruises, but we did spend a ton of time on the balcony.

We're midship, vista deck, with Notes, stairway, and the glass elevators all within earshot of our rooms. We have the Celebrity Suite (no Balcony), and our friends are next door with the balcony. We figure with two rooms, and all of the Suite amenities, we'll share both rooms, and make do! Another thing is the way the CS's are shaped, with those rounded windows, whoever would be standing on the balcony next door would be able to look into the windows (not much privacy), so we booked our friends in that room!!

I love being able to walk off the elevator or staiway, and walk right into my room!

Do you have a FV wailisted for this cruise?

Take Care,

Jaime

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;3;21;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Yes, I have a FV waitlisted. Presently we have three rooms right next to each other and I'm hoping the wife will let me switch our room if a FV comes open. Another big factor will be what current prices are if / when the room comes open.

Lots of TA's grabbed their rooms back when the trip opened up again, and I'm sure there's a TA with some of those rooms available. Just keep waitlisted, and I'm sure one will come available once final payments are coming due, and the TA's are giving them back to Celebrity to get rid of.

Those rooms are sooooo nice, I'm sure your wife won't have a problem paying an extra dollar or two for one icon_wink.gif!

Take Care,

Jaime

Archived