Jade Family (2 BR) Suite 11006: Is the balcony a hull?

kosweeps

Hi Everyone!

The things one learns by reading this board! I recently learned about these hull balconies from reading another thread about another hsip. I know that 11006 is near the front starboard. I can see from exterior pictures that rooms near the front have hull balconies.

What I don't know is where the passenger rooms start. I've read on other thread that the first few rooms are crew rooms. If that's the case, then the passenger rooms would start further back, thus throwing off the count. But no one knows for sure.

Can someone tell me if 11006 (or 11506 as it is on the opposite side) has a hull or a regular balcony?

Also, I've never had a hull balcony. Can someone tell me if thereis any real difference? Any pros or cons?

Thank you!

It's a regular balcony with glass not hull. Here is a video of the same stateroom on the sister ship Pearl:

The colors of the decor on the Pearl are different from Jade - Jade has purple/fuschia and green, but the ship layout is essentially the same with 11006 being in the exact same location on the Jade.

It's a regular balcony with glass not hull. Here is a video of the same stateroom on the sister ship Pearl:

The colors of the decor on the Pearl are different from Jade - Jade has purple/fuschia and green, but the ship layout is essentially the same with 11006 being in the exact same location on the Jade.

Thanks @SuiteTraveler! I appreciate you taking the time to post. I was just coming on on to see if I could delete my post because I figured it out. I remember another poster saying one could identify the FS because they looked like "black marks" when looking at the exterior of the ship. Those marks were the bathroom windows. I searched for a video of the Jade and sure enough I could see them. In this video at the 11:13 mark, the videographer zoomed in and I could really make it out. Even saw the balcony furniture.

Also, it does look like crew are on the floor as the first open balcony is not on the deck plan and seems to have a lounger. Hmm. Wonder whose stateroom it is. Maybe I"ll go ring the bell. lol:)

Hi Everyone!

The things one learns by reading this board! I recently learned about these hull balconies from reading another thread about another hsip. I know that 11006 is near the front starboard. I can see from exterior pictures that rooms near the front have hull balconies.

What I don't know is where the passenger rooms start. I've read on other thread that the first few rooms are crew rooms. If that's the case, then the passenger rooms would start further back, thus throwing off the count. But no one knows for sure.

Can someone tell me if 11006 (or 11506 as it is on the opposite side) has a hull or a regular balcony?

Also, I've never had a hull balcony. Can someone tell me if thereis any real difference? Any pros or cons?

Thank you!

We just returned from a cruise on the Jade and had cabin 11024 and if by "hull" you mean that the balcony is protected by a roof, the answer is "yes". 11024 was the last cabin going forward that had the protection. We were very glad that it was since we had a couple of days when there were sprinkles and we stayed dry when on the balcony. Loved this cabin and have booked the same on the Gem next September.

Col

We've stayed in 11006 on Jade, Jewel, and Gem. Awesome suite and great location. The layout is identical, though the decor and colors may vary. We were on Gem last February and posted several pictures of the suite. If you search my CC ID you'll find them.

We've stayed in 11006 on Jade, Jewel, and Gem. Awesome suite and great location. The layout is identical, though the decor and colors may vary. We were on Gem last February and posted several pictures of the suite. If you search my CC ID you'll find them.

I'll save you some trouble. Here are some photos:

IMG_0363.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

NorwegianJewelCanadaCruiseSep2010012.jpg

NorwegianJewelCanadaCruiseSep2010006.jpg

Not a great photo but it gives you some idea about the balcony

• 3 weeks later...