MSC Cruiseline

tjsmama

I have never heard on this cruiseline. We have been on many cruises, most of them on Carnival..with a couple on NCL. We love Carnival, but came across MSC when looking for deals for June 2016. We travel in groups and will have at least 3 families with us (children ages 13, 20 and 18) and may even have more. The price seems better than Carnival but I just want to make sure I am not making a mistake in choosing MSC. Are they like most cruise companies in what they offer? For free and for additional fee? I am just a bit leery. Would LOVE feedback on those that know. :):confused:

Most of the negative reviews seem to come from Carnival loyalist. MSC is a beautiful ship but a completely different experience then Carnival. MSC is more laid back, staff are really in the background not all over you to get another drink, and you might not see your cabin steward that much but know they were there. Prices are great, drink packages are incredible BUT it is very European. The food is real Italian (they do have burgers and fries to) and portions are Italian also. There is no constant Caribbean band playing. They do have great shows, they have plenty of music variations and I loved the Galaxy Club Disco. There are some other quirky things about MSC. I am not a real fan of Carnival, I have been on NCL & Celebrity and think MSC is somewhere between NCL and Celebrity. The one thing that tops other lines is the Yacht Club - nothing compares to that experience.

I was willing to try this line and ended up loving it but I threw the negatives aside to make up my own mind. I'm glad there is a choice and sometimes price is only a small part of the consideration.

Most of the negative reviews seem to come from Carnival loyalist. MSC is a beautiful ship but a completely different experience then Carnival. MSC is more laid back, staff are really in the background not all over you to get another drink, and you might not see your cabin steward that much but know they were there. Prices are great, drink packages are incredible BUT it is very European. The food is real Italian (they do have burgers and fries to) and portions are Italian also. There is no constant Caribbean band playing. They do have great shows, they have plenty of music variations and I loved the Galaxy Club Disco. There are some other quirky things about MSC. I am not a real fan of Carnival, I have been on NCL & Celebrity and think MSC is somewhere between NCL and Celebrity. The one thing that tops other lines is the Yacht Club - nothing compares to that experience.

I was willing to try this line and ended up loving it but I threw the negatives aside to make up my own mind. I'm glad there is a choice and sometimes price is only a small part of the consideration.

I think you summed it up perectly, I gave sailed Cunard mostly, ncl and rcl , I wont really wont sail carnival:), MSC seem fine to me