Glasses, rental equipment questions, other ideas

silly2003

I have a pretty high glasses prescription. I understand that you can rent masks which have some generic prescription. We are cruising in the Caribbean (Roatan, Cozumel, Costa Maya, Belize City). Do people rent masks at home or do they carry that kind of stuff at rental places in the Caribbean?

I have snorkeled before with some very old contact lenses, but I'm not willing to put this 20 year old pair of contact lenses in my eyes. I have heard that people remove the arms of glasses and put them in a mask and that is a possibility, but probably not as good as renting some equipment. Other ideas?

Surely I'm not the only person who wears glasses and wants to snorkel.

I purchased mine on Ebay and they have been invaluable. I have strong prescription lenses and I just asked my optical store what my prescription was as per the information on Ebay, turned out I was a +4 (or was it -4 :) ). Placed my order and even though they had to come from the US to Australia it only took a couple of weeks. They were about $60 USD if I remember correctly

A great investment as I have had them for years and I know your prescription changes but just for snorkelling it does not matter if they are not perfect.