Christmas and Children on Cunard

Minz

We have sailed three times in Cunard close to Christmas but never actually for Christmas. Is anyone able to enlighten me on what special events occur with Children in mind. Eg. Santa, interdenominational church, Carols etc. I think our biggest problem will be waiting for the child to go to sleep so that Santa can visit...and then, there is hiding the "Elf-on-the-shelf" lark....we got quite creative in our space last year!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is the arrival of santa claus, caroling, a public reading of the night before Christmas by one of the ship officers and Catholic and Protestant church services on both Christmas eve and Christmas day. Having traveled on deck 6, I vaguely remember children caroling outside the door in the wee hours of Christmas morning. Or maybe not so wee hours, it may have been a late night adult celebration of the holidays in the Commodore Club the night before which shortened the night.

We have sailed three times in Cunard close to Christmas but never actually for Christmas. Is anyone able to enlighten me on what special events occur with Children in mind. Eg. Santa, interdenominational church, Carols etc. I think our biggest problem will be waiting for the child to go to sleep so that Santa can visit...and then, there is hiding the "Elf-on-the-shelf" lark....we got quite creative in our space last year!

What ship are you asking about? Or are you just looking for a Cunard promo in general?

Edited by Salacia

We are already booked on Victoria, so just trying to get a grip on the festivities.

Santa arrives usually in the lift and then off to the Queens room to present every child with a gift. Gifts are put into age groups. Each adult gets a gift left in the stateroom. Last year was a china wedgewood mug. Very Nice :D

I am sure the childrens club get festive too.

We were on Queen Victoria last Christmas and thought Cunard looked after the children very well. As well as the already mentioned carols, services etc., the children were all gathered into the Queens Room on Christmas morning. Santa climbed into the ship's funnel - (viewed via a giant screen) and came down the funnel and then found his way to the Queens Room with his helpers. Here, the kids were given their presents which seemed to go down very well!!

Hope you have a good time on Queen Victoria. We enjoyed our Christmas on board so much that we have booked Queen Elizabeth this year.

Hi there

We did QM2 Christmas and New Year around the caribbean in 2013 and it was just magical for the children. We have two teenager sons and they loved it as much as all the smaller children.

Christmas eve there was a carol service in the grand atrium - the entertainment team did a great job - they enlisted lots of guests to join the choir - and i'm pretty sure we even had false snow! (....that might have been the alcohol!:D)

Christmas Day, the captain comes over the ships loud speakers that they can see Santa on his sleigh on the ships radar and he will be landing shortly! you can imagine the children getting SO excited. They tell all the children to head to Kings Court to wait for him. They then come over the speakers again that he has landed with his reindeer and is heading to see everyone! honestly its just so wonderful. Then once he arrives, he walks in a big convoy with all the children down to the ballroom - they also have all the staff dressed as elves and a walking band playing all christmas music in the parade down to the Ball room! Once in the ballroom - he has a big santa chair! and he sits and gives every single child a gift and they have their photo taken with him too - they start with the little tots, and shout the children out in age groups going up in age, so they all get a gift relevant to their age. Its so lovely seeing all the children rip open the wrapping paper and play with their gifts.

We then had a Christmas Day Ball in the evening - it was just super! We have booked for the Queen Elizabeth this christmas and new year - and just hope its as fun - our sons are older now! (only one will get a santa gift!! lol) but they still can't wait - I just hope its as good as QM2.

the funny story that we always remember is our 14 yr old at the time, telling a group of girls that he was 15, and when he realised they shouted out your age he was mortified having to get up to the 14 yr olds! we sat and laughed so much.

We also got a very nice Wedgwood Mug that was waiting for us on Christmas Eve when we went to bed - our sons were really disappointed that they didn't get one as they didn't realise they would get a gift the next day!! Our sons got wifi speakers or something like that - really good gifts :-)

New Years Eve was brilliant too!!! 3 parties going on in different venues - and balloons all dropped at midnight - and lots of free "bubbly" going around too!

I know I am really looking forward to this year :-)

jane x

Thank you so much for your replies....I think Christmas this year will be easier...as expatriates living far from our real home, it will be nice to enjoy a full Christmas on board Cunard.

Thanks so much for this. I have just posted a question on our roll call for the Christmas cruise on QV this year so this really helps. No children with me but I do like to watch them with Santa, will have to bring my tissues!

Sounds like great fun all round and as it's my first Christmas away from family, that's what I'm looking for.

We were on Queen Victoria last Christmas and thought Cunard looked after the children very well. As well as the already mentioned carols, services etc., the children were all gathered into the Queens Room on Christmas morning. Santa climbed into the ship's funnel - (viewed via a giant screen) and came down the funnel and then found his way to the Queens Room with his helpers. Here, the kids were given their presents which seemed to go down very well!!

Hope you have a good time on Queen Victoria. We enjoyed our Christmas on board so much that we have booked Queen Elizabeth this year.

Thanks for comments, we are doing our 1st Xmas cruise on QE this year.really looking forward to it.

We've booked QM for Christmas and New Year. Six of us going (my parents, me, husband and teenage (15 &17) children). Staying two nights (me daughter and parents) in NY and going TO radio city Christmas spectacular. Husband and son arrive day before. We've done New York a lot (last time was in august before we did a TA) so we're not bothered about having long.

We've booked QM for Christmas and New Year. Six of us going (my parents, me, husband and teenage (15 &17) children). Staying two nights (me daughter and parents) in NY and going TO radio city Christmas spectacular. Husband and son arrive day before. We've done New York a lot (last time was in august before we did a TA) so we're not bothered about having long.

hi there

we spent a few nights in vegas first, then back to NY before we went off on the christmas and new year cruise last time and it was amazing! NY was soo busy around the rockerfella centre and radio city building - we didn't realise what was happening - and the policeman told us that everyone goes down to see the christmas tree - we thought some superstar was making a guest appearance it was so busy - the most festive I have ever felt - just fantastic - our boys were the same age almost as your two and they had the time of their lives - we never seen them! lots of children that age were on board - infact two of the friends they met are coming on QE this christmas - so I guess we wont be seeing them for 2 weeks!

Have a super time - you will just love it :-)

jane x