Coral Breeze 9/20 WOW! Caves

MegansMom

We booked with Coral Breeze about 3 weeks before our trip. Cave tubeing

The morning we arrived in Belize - I was a little frantic about shore time, as on the ship the clock goes back only 1 hour but Belize is 2 hours behind me at home ahhh. Anyway, the 1st announcement over PA by the cruise director said at the very end " and private tours".... so I made my way to lounge walked up to stage said to the rep.... " Private tour" - they said have a seat we'll have you off with 1st tender to island (some tenders do not go directly to island - some tours send tenders - be careful) Sure enough 1st tender we were off - the said ok Private tours go....... of course all my fellow guests for the day did not hear this..... so we sat in front of the Lizard place 9Bar) waiting for other 6 to check in........ but I was glad to be on time (early)

I handed over my 95.00 to the lady - she checked us off - felt very safe.... was never concerned about handing cash over - they have Coral Breeze polo shirts on - can't be missed.

Once all 8 on our tour checked in we were off.......

Ivar was our guide --- I could go on all day about his knowledge and education - but you must see it yourself. What a great guide. There is no way that any cruise tour could match his knowledge of this land.

We stopped for gas and a nice surprise he went and bought all of us bottled water.....

Anyway off to the caves --- nice ride filled with information. As we arrived at the caves so did the 2 full charter cruise buses ( I remember the number to be around 300 cruise guests) anyway we got out tubes, lights and headed out before them. Ivar stopped to show us many of the different plants and so forth.. we stopped to see the bats caves and the cruise guests passed us... they were way jealous when the heard Ivar talking about the caves. Later we passed them as they entered the water. We went up so our tour had and extra cave to explore. The jump in was the best. (you can go in the easy way also) Ivar stayed with us and guided us 100%. There were 8 of us - each I am sure felt individual attention - within 10 minutes of meeting us he knew our names - and in the caves called them to make sure we were ok.

Lunch --- YUMMY! That was the best lunch.. chicken, rice, beans, fruit and the dessert muffin -- YUM!

Great tour - great guide - could not ask for more! Also great driver!

Paula

Archived