Cab fare Tampa International to pier

mikesiegel

Not sure on the cab fare, but either Hertz or Enterprise has rental locations at the port terminal. If you go to their website and type Tampa (not the airport code) it will come up with Tampa locations and one says about the Tampa Port. I just can't remember which it was. I would then contact them and make sure where at the pier they are located.

Hope this helps:)

Family and I will be arriving in Tampa the night before our cruise and staying with my aunt in St. Pete. After looking around decided it was cheaper to rent a car from Enterprise for a couple of days with pick up/drop off at the pier and airport than taking 4 cab rides to get to and from everywhere. Figured it would run about half as much as the cab rides. Plus we would have a car for running last minute errands in St. pete.

There are several car rental agencies at the Airport and some that service the Port (pick up & delivery). The Port is in downtown Tampa about 20 minutes from the Airport. Enterprise usually has pick up at most places in the Tampa Bay area. The Airport Limo service (mini van) from the Airport is a fixed rate to and from the port. On your return the shuttle buses are everywhere at the port. The ship also has transfer to the Airport. All are about $20 or less.

If your in St Pete take the Gandy bridge and then in Tampa take the Crosstown toll road. There is an exit a few minutes away from the port. Follow Channelside drive.

Don't get nervious if you don't see the ship at the port. Sometimes the channel from the Port out to Tampa Bay which is narrow will have a fuel barge fueling a ship and the Captains don't like passing by them when they dock the night before (explosions are bad for business) so they dock down the channel. The cruise line will have buses after you check in which will take you (10 minutes) to the ship and they take care of your luggage and get it to the ship.

Ride from port to the open seas is about 2 or 3 hours before you go under the Sunshine Skyway Bridge. Don't worry the ship clears the bridge by 20 feet or more. Neat view though.

Archived