White Star Luggage Service Problems Today in Southampton

new2crooz

Utter chaos at Southampton this morning with QE docking at a different berth than originally planned due to bad weather. Baggage claim hall was a shambles with everyone running trolleys into peoples legs etc. It was difficult to find bags even with their colour coding.

Most worrying though is that there was no White Star Luggage Service cage at Customs on arrival today and one of the ladies helping in the baggage claim hall told people to leave bags with her. Now, some 16 hours later, DHL tracking is still not showing anything about the pick up of bags.

Has anyone else encountered problems with the shipping of their bags today on return to Southampton?

Anyone from Cunard here able to say what happened to bags left in the luggage hall for DHL shipping?

If the DHL shipping of bags back to your home does actually work, when do you find out which day it will be delivered back to you so that you can arrange to be in when it arrives?

Very, very worried about my bag.

So sorry to read that you had a poor experience when disembarking QE on Saturday.

I hope that the situation has now improved for you, that you've had some good news.

Or if not, that today will bring a resolution to your issue.

Interestingly, you may have been very unfortunate, two friends also departed QE on Saturday and have said it as one of smoothest and quickest departures from a ship they've ever had. I know this report doesn't help you, but the chaos in the terminal doesn't seem to have affected everyone.

Good luck, please report back with news (good or otherwise) until this is resolved to your satisfaction, thank you.

All good wishes,

Edited by pepperrn

So sorry to read that you had a poor experience when disembarking QE on Saturday.

I hope that the situation has now improved for you, that you've had some good news.

Or if not, that today will bring a resolution to your issue.

Interestingly, you may have been very unfortunate, two friends also departed QE on Saturday and have said it as one of smoothest and quickest departures from a ship they've ever had. I know this report doesn't help you, but the chaos in the terminal doesn't seem to have affected everyone.

Good luck, please report back with news (good or otherwise) until this is resolved to your satisfaction, thank you.

All good wishes,

Still nothing in the DHL tracking. White Star and DHL numbers not operational since I got home so will have to wait until Monday. In the meantime, I have emailed both with details of the problem and I also wisely took a photo of where I left my bag (with another person's bag which also was using the service).

I guess the chaos was at a particular time. I left quite early (before 9am) when most of the bags were in the hall and made it near impossible to get through with a trolley unscathed. I presume the people who got through easily weren't using White Star Luggage Service?

As soon as they announced the change to City Terminal on Friday, I phoned the purser to ensure that the White Star Luggage cage would also be moved to City Terminal, and they reassured me that everything would be in place for our arrival the next day. Yet, when I arrived, no sign of anything to do with White Star Luggage, and officials pretty clueless on the matter when asked. Very disappointing, as I did everything I could to make sure the process would go smoothly.