Benoa, Bail elephan safari

mtn_couple

I'm looking at doing the Elephant Safari Park at Taro when we are in Benoa, Bali. Has anyone done this? Yes, I realise this is 2 hours each way on a bus but it's something my family really wants to do. We have a 6 year old with us, the ship advert says it's family friendly. Can anyone who has been here on this excursion offer some insight? Thanks in advance.

I have replied to your question in the other forum but in short, the elephants in this park were rescued from poor conditions in Sumatra.

The elephants appeared very well cared for when we were there in 2012 and the park itself is attractive and well maintained.

I wouldn't hesitate to go there if that's what your family wish to do.

• 1 month later...

I prefer the Bali Marine Park http://www.balisafarimarinepark.com/

So much more to offer than just elephants. We ended up going back another time and staying overnight. It was an unforgettable experience.

If you need a wonderful, friendly and reliable driver Email Wayan. He is the nicest man you could ever meet. He's a wonderful driver who can take you anywhere you want to go, or give recommendations. His English is great too.

He's also on facebook.

wayan.suartana71@yahoo.com

We did this tour through Princess last September. It was a really enjoyable day and the lunch at the park, which was included in the price, was surprisingly good. You get up close and personal with the elephants, feeding, riding, patting etc. Although I thoroughly enjoyed the experience there was a lot of down time waiting for our designated ride time. In hindsight I probably would have chosen the Safari visit and Ubud visit. It was quite a lot of money, I think we paid US$169 per person which is so much more than if you book it yourself. Mind you that is always the way but there was no way I was risking not getting back to the ship on time. Hope that helps.