Do they have BVE for Golden dep Melbourne?

sakusu

My first cruise ever going to NZ on Golden in Dec 2015.

Does anyone know if they do Bon Voyage Experience for this ship leaving Melbourne?

If yes, where do we book?

Many Thanks

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Try contacting Princess customer services, they should be able to advise you.

No. Just US ports and not all of them nor every cruise from the ports where it's offered. It has to be coordinated with and approved by Immigration. When you book a BVE, it's exactly like booking a cruise. You have to fill out the Cruise Personalizer form although you can use a driver's license as your ID.

• 2 weeks later...
curious what is this what does it involve ??

Bon Voyage tours. People ( Non Passengers) are able to visit on board before departure, but only in the US. I believe there is a fee. A lot of cruise line do offer this service.

Edited by KiwiFunCruiser
Spelling

Bon Voyage tours. People ( Non Passengers) are able to visit on board before departure, but only in the US. I believe there is a fee. A lot of cruise line do offer this service.

cool thanks :-)

Most online TA's do ship tours including lunch, actually I just received an email for a lunch /tour in Melbourne port for Solstice, $99.

I have done a few of these and it is the closest you will come to the BVE in OZ:(

Chez

Most online TA's do ship tours including lunch, actually I just received an email for a lunch /tour in Melbourne port for Solstice, $99.

I have done a few of these and it is the closest you will come to the BVE in OZ:(

Chez

Thanks for info, it's a shame actually that Princess do not do it in Melbourne, they say it is about security, but I see that Celebrity are doing it with Solstice. BTW Solstice was fantastic to sail on.

Thanks for info, it's a shame actually that Princess do not do it in Melbourne, they say it is about security, but I see that Celebrity are doing it with Solstice. BTW Solstice was fantastic to sail on.

I don't live in Melbourne but noticed this TA advertising a ship inspection and lunch. I have done lunch and ship inspections from OPT Sydney and one up in Brisbane. There is a fair bit of security involved in these, no name changes after payment, photo ID ( the one you used to book it other wise they will not let you board) Also the difference between the Princess BVE is that I believe you are free to roam around the ship, with the ship tours you have to stay with the TA/guide at all times!!

I have cruised on the Solstice and loved the ship, just beautiful!

Chez