Playa Mia - Cozumel

ziggyS1StefZoe

Caution: don't let the taxi's mess with you. I've had occasions where the driver will want to "wait" on you till you want to head back to port. Then they'll try to charge you for a whole day. Just say "no thanks, don't wait."

Know your price when you leave the taxi area, (there are signs with rates) and know your price for the drive back. Tips a little extra than the fare if you like. Give yourself sufficient time for the ride back. And, above all, relax!

I don't see any excursions for Playa Mia with Carnival. How do I get there? I will be travelling alone with my 2.5 year old.

You can catch a taxi to Playa Mia from your cruise terminal. The taxi will cost $17 each way.

CCL must have recently dropped the excursions to Playa Mia. They used to include Playa Mia as an excursion with different options.

Other all inclusive you may want to try are Mister Sancho's and Nachi Cocom. They charge around $55 for adults and I think your child would be admitted for free.

Yes, there is a cost. I prebooked my passes from cozumelmexicotours.com. My then 4 yr old loved it. It's great for young kids and has a nice beach area. I've been to Nachi Cocum and wouldn't recommend the beach area for a young child. The pool is nice enough but it's just a standard pool. My vote would be for Playa Mia.

As others indicated, there are plenty of taxis at the port to take you there and always a few around Playa Mia to take you back.

We did playa mia and loved it. We booked online with transportation included. Paying for transportation bundled in was slightly more expensive, but we preferred not to have to worry about paying for a cab. However, we did have to walk past the line of taxis at the port and a short walk across the street to the playa mia store. Only a minute walk past the taxis.

Coming back to port could not have easier. We left playa mia at 5:00, and got back to the ship in time to shower and get dressed for early (6:00) dining. When we wanted to leave we went up to the guy in charge of transportation, and he arranged for and paid the cab for us.

We did playa mia and loved it. We booked online with transportation included. Paying for transportation bundled in was slightly more expensive' date=' but we preferred not to have to worry about paying for a cab. However, we did have to walk past the line of taxis at the port and a short walk across the street to the playa mia store. Only a minute walk past the taxis.

Coming back to port could not have easier. We left playa mia at 5:00, and got back to the ship in time to shower and get dressed for early (6:00) dining. When we wanted to leave we went up to the guy in charge of transportation, and he arranged for and paid the cab for us.[/quote']

Does this mean you were transported in ordinary taxis and needed your own car seat, or shuttle bus? Was there somewhere to store a seat when you got there, or did you have to carry it around with you?

Does this mean you were transported in ordinary taxis and needed your own car seat, or shuttle bus? Was there somewhere to store a seat when you got there, or did you have to carry it around with you?

There were min van and van style taxis, not shuttle busses.

We didn't bring a car seat. There's no where to store it, per se, but the place isn't very big. Shouldn't be a problem leaving it with your beach bag/towels. Just have a car seat bag for it so it doesn't get full of sand.

It would be MUCH more of a hassle getting the car seat from the ship to the street at the end of the pier (where the taxis and playa mia store both are). That is quite a long walk.

The drive is straight down a single road, about 10 minutes, no traffic at all once we got a few blocks from the pier, and he drove around 40 mph.

There were min van and van style taxis' date=' not shuttle busses.

We didn't bring a car seat. There's no where to store it, per se, but the place isn't very big. Shouldn't be a problem leaving it with your beach bag/towels. Just have a car seat bag for it so it doesn't get full of sand.

It would be MUCH more of a hassle getting the car seat from the ship to the street at the end of the pier (where the taxis and playa mia store both are). That is quite a long walk.

The drive is straight down a single road, about 10 minutes, no traffic at all once we got a few blocks from the pier, and he drove around 40 mph.[/quote']

Thanks!