Kids in Haven suites

Toya1228

Hi

I know you didn't ask this question, but in the interest of planning and preparedness, I just wanted to mention that if your parents are not also in a suite (it was unclear from your post) they likely will not be permitted in the Haven, even with you. I do believe you can invite them to dinner once in the Haven restaurant, but there is a charge for that -- Cannot remember how much it was but we did it once. I vaguely recollect it was 20.00 per guest, and we were only allowed to do it once. But they will not be allowed, for example, to accompany your kids to the pool etc.

Terry

Tel2:

I talked to the NCL rep and asked about that when booked my room and she said it would be ok since they are traveling with me but she could be wrong. Not sure...Well most the time for dinner we will be at the specialty restaurants. I don't know how often we will go to the haven restaurant snice my paren't are wit us. My parents are coming only because I asked them too (they offered to keep the kids for the week but my parents have never been on a vacation like this so I want them to experience cruising also and have a great time). If they say we all can't eat at the Haven restaurant then that is fine. I try not to sweat the small stuff. I can always order room service from there if I really want it. And if they are not allowed to come in the pool area then that's fine also. Maybe hubby and I can make that one of the places we go when they babysit.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It really depends on the concierge. Some are completely inflexible. Others bend the Rules a bit. I usually ask nicely when I'm in that situation, accept whatever the answer is, and tip better when I get the answer i want.

For example, on one cruise, my sister, who had a room adjoining our suite, had a spa pass that she paid for but I didn't because there was a sauna and steam room in the haven. I wanted to spend afternoon with sister, but spa had no day passes, and neither did vibe. So I nicely explained to concierge that sister had paid for spa, but I couldn't get a pass, and that it was her birthday (true) and we wanted to spend afternoon together, and inquired whether it would be possible for her and I to use steam room and sauna in haven, and then have lunch delivered to suite. I knew I could do the latter, but knew I wasn't supposed to do the former. He couldn't have been nicer, said he would allow as it was a special occasion, and even had our butler deliver a birthday cake with our lunch.

I have also stood in line at cagneys (on a ship w/o a haven restaurant) and watched a truly obnoxious couple loudly and relentlessly demand that their party of 8, only two of whom were in a suite, be allowed to have breakfast there together. They held up the line for 10 minutes. They were still turned away, even after he yelled that he would "have your job for this." I didn't see them again in the Haven or cagneys.

I sometimes think it is all in how you ask.

Terry

So I just wanted a little feedback from other cruisers. My family booked the aft penthouse suite on the Breakaway next April. I will be traveling with a 2 year old and 4 year old. My parents will also be traveling with us (1 room away). We decided to splurge a little since they were offering 3&4 guest free at the time and the space would be great for the kids. I don't expect us to really use the haven pool (mainly just the kids area and slidesand maybe the restaurant). I've seen a couple reviews that frown upon kids in the Haven areas and wanted to know what other families have experienced. Maybe I should post this in the family section but I thought I would get a some good feedback here. Thanks[emoji4] [emoji4]

We sailed on the Breakaway in the Haven in a Forward Facing Suite. Since it was the summer kids of all ages were their. Most were very well behaved and the parents were respectful of other guests. However, one family had four children under the age of 12 running around unsupervised. They just buried their heads in their ipads, while the kids moved furniture, were running and screaming, kept locking the towel room door etc. Many other Guests were very unhappy.

The other children in the Haven were great.

So I just wanted a little feedback from other cruisers. My family booked the aft penthouse suite on the Breakaway next April. I will be traveling with a 2 year old and 4 year old. My parents will also be traveling with us (1 room away). We decided to splurge a little since they were offering 3&4 guest free at the time and the space would be great for the kids. I don't expect us to really use the haven pool (mainly just the kids area and slidesand maybe the restaurant). I've seen a couple reviews that frown upon kids in the Haven areas and wanted to know what other families have experienced. Maybe I should post this in the family section but I thought I would get a some good feedback here. Thanks[emoji4] [emoji4]

I have to admit that screaming kids ruined the Haven experience for me on the Breakaway in October.

We didn't spend much time there for this reason. Running through the lounge, screaming & splashing in the pool & hot tub all day & evening. Couldn't enjoy a quiet drink before dinner, or dinner. The restaurant isn't that big & just one table of unruly kids can ruin your meal.

Not once did I see any NCL employee ask the kids to stop running or screaming. Maybe they aren't allowed to.

Yes, of course these families paid for the Haven, but so did we. I wish some sailings were adults only for the Haven, but I don't expect that to happen.

In O'Sheehans there were a group of kids traveling together in some type of group with 4 chaperones. They took up 3 tables, yet you'd never know they were there. They were having fun sharing food & joking, but so very well behaved. I even complimented the chaperones as they were leaving.

I don't see a problem with your children in any area of the Haven if they are well behaved. In fact, I wish some of the adults acted like adults in places on the ship :)

You paid for the Haven experience, so enjoy it.