unlimited drink package Escape

rscherer27

You pay 18% gratuity on the price of the UBP at the time you purchase it, so no more gratuities are due when you buy the drinks. You will sign a ticket for each drink you buy that shows the price of the drink and the gratuities, but it will all be zeroed out on your account.

You will pay Florida State sales tax on any drinks purchased while in port at Miami. Depending on how many drinks you can chug before sailing, it would be a few measly bucks. Other than that, no taxes.

How does it work if I picked the drinks from the freestyle choice? Would norwegian pick up the 18% on the price of the package?

No, you would still be responsible for payment of the 18% gratuities on the price of the package, but they would pick up the hundreds of dollars in the cost of the packages itself.

I wanted to buy a UBP for myself since my 70 year old mom and 12 year old don't drink - but the requirements is for everyone in the cabin to purchase the package. Another term to consider.

Once onboard, you can buy the UBP just for yourself. I'm glad your 12 year old isn't drinking yet...;)

Once onboard, you can buy the UBP just for yourself. I'm glad your 12 year old isn't drinking yet...;)

Not according to the terms and I haven't heard too many people succeeding with that - there are few that claim that they have, but a lot more of those that report the opposite.

With soda package there is no such restriction in the terms and even though the website forces to buy for everyone if you try to prepurchase, that you can purchase individually onboard.

Edited by Demonyte

I wanted to buy a UBP for myself since my 70 year old mom and 12 year old don't drink - but the requirements is for everyone in the cabin to purchase the package. Another term to consider.

You didn't hear it from me but, get a doctors note for your mom saying that she can't drink alcohol due to medical condition and she won't have to buy it. However they will, probably make you buy the soda package for the 12 year old.

And just as a reminder. There is no Unlimited Drink Package, there is however a Ultimate Drink Package. There are limits on what and how many drinks you can have. One at a time, no water, no mini bar, no self serve wine dispensers etc.

There is not a limit on how many drinks you can have. Yes it is one at a time, but you can re order as many times as you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly, Ultimate not unlimited.:eek:

How is it not unlimited? I can drink as many as I want. That is unlimited. Not sure why you think that it's not unlimited just because you can only place one order at a time. You just place the order, drink it, and then place another order and drink it and continue to repeat.

3 cruises with UBP now under my belt, and on each I've been able to purchase more than one drink at a time if I want. It especially comes in handy in the theater.

Usually they will let you get as many drinks as there are people in your cabin. Especially if the bartender has already gotten to know you.

You didn't hear it from me but, get a doctors note for your mom saying that she can't drink alcohol due to medical condition and she won't have to buy it. However they will, probably make you buy the soda package for the 12 year old.

Thanks so much! She actually is on medications where she shouldn't drink. I didn't think of that. :o

You didn't hear it from me but, get a doctors note for your mom saying that she can't drink alcohol due to medical condition and she won't have to buy it.

Have you actually done that? The general consensus here is that no exceptions are allowed and if one person in the cabin can't drink, then the package probably isn't for you as the terms do not make such exceptions.