Photos on The Allure

Towboys

We were on the Allure back in 2013. At that time they sold a photo package on a CD with all your pictures for a certain price. I forgot what the price was, because at that time I did not take that many pictures. Does anyone know if that is still available? I will be going on the December 6 cruise, so if they have the package I will be taking alot more pictures. Thanks

If I recall, you find the link to purchase photo packages from within the cruise planner. It takes you to another site to actually order the package if you want to do it pre-cruise. Be warned though, the company is in the Caribbean so you may face foreign fees on your credit card. The ability to purchase opens up about 3-4 months before the cruise. When you get to the site, you put in your ship and sail date, then it brings up the available packages and their pricing. The pricing can vary between ships, so I don't know what it would be for your trip.

The packages are also available on the ship. And you will probably be able to upgrade once on the ship as well.

On the Allure right now. It is $349.99 for all of your pictures in a digital format, plus an extra $100 if you want the pre-printed ones as well--so $449.99 for both digital and printed.

They had other packages of like 10 photos for $150 (either digital OR printed) as well.

On a side note, they also use the facial recognition software so you can put your seapass card in the machine and see all the pictures that they -think- are of you. For some reason, we had several ones of Shrek show up. I told my girlfriend that the computer must have gotten her formal night pictures mixed up. She did not find it as amusing as I did. :)

On the Allure right now. It is $349.99 for all of your pictures in a digital format, plus an extra $100 if you want the pre-printed ones as well--so $449.99 for both digital and printed.

They had other packages of like 10 photos for $150 (either digital OR printed) as well.

On a side note, they also use the facial recognition software so you can put your seapass card in the machine and see all the pictures that they -think- are of you. For some reason, we had several ones of Shrek show up. I told my girlfriend that the computer must have gotten her formal night pictures mixed up. She did not find it as amusing as I did. :)

Your not a nice BF:eek:

I thought the price was very steep for the pictures.

We usually just use our C & A discount and for the three of us purchase about 6 pictures.

Sea Ya

Chuckling away here you naughty boy, no nuptials for you for a while, now go to the naughty boys room:D:p

One thing many are not familiar with - you can purchase the package for additional cabins with your party for half price for the cd.

It can be a bit of a pain - the package is for the cd + printed photos. RC doesn't necessarily print all of your photos. We had to have quite a few photos printed - after speaking to a manager at the photo station so I wouldn't be charged!

The "trick" to getting the extra ones printed: go to the counter and tell them you see some on the computer that are not in your folder. They will tell you to order prints on the terminal, and then immediately go back to the counter and they'll cancel the charge right away. Then you can see them printed out and decide if you want to buy them or not. They are easier to look at printed out rather than on the screen with their watermark all over them. They really didn't seem to care about printing them out.

Also, for the free pictures for diamond and above, it says they'll tell you that it really is for the ones that are already printed, but if you order a print on the little terminal it will automatically deduct the price from your account and you can get a free one printed.