Which of Tortola, Barbados, St Kitts, St Thomas is worth diving

snoozcroozr

Hi,

I will be doing a crooze where we will be stopping on San Juan, Tortola, Barbados, St Kitts, St Thomas and St Lucia.

I am skipping diving on San Juan, and having dove on every dive site in the Anse Chastanet area, will likely dive there, even if it is to the less desirable spots closer to the crooze terminal (the only issue is trying to find someone to fit out 10am ship arrival time). We know that the locals ate up all the large fishes, so all they got are little ones.

I might want to only do maybe 2 more dives trips on this trip, so am wondering out of Tortola, Barbados, St Kitts, St Thomas, which of these ports has the best dives for cruise ship divers using independent dive ops.

I've dove St Thomas via crooze ship before and it was an easy pleasant dive on a navy barge. I don't know if all their dives are like that.

I've also dove St Kitts on a liveaboard. The main part of the trip was diving Saba, so from what I remember, we were just waiting to leave St Kitt so we can do some real diving in Saba. Plus, since it was on the liveaboard, I don't even know if the spots we dove were anywhere near where crooze divers go to.

I guess I probably need to know how Tortola and Barbados's dives are in relation to St Thomas, St Kitts and St Lucia. And which dive ops if you got suggestions.

Edited by snoozcroozr

Looks like not much response, but I think I have narrowed it down to

St Lucia, Tortola, St Kitts and Barbados.

Lots of talk of Tortola and the Rhone, so will check that out.

People mentioned Barbados as being good for diving, but lots of the pix I saw, its of wreck, or sea turtles or reefs that's predominantly sea whip coral. I guess I will try this place. Only negative is most of the boarding is by beach, and in some shops, you have to haul your own gear, including tank up that way.

Also will do St Kitts, even though I had reservation from prior dives, but then that was compared to diving in Saba, and this is cruise ship diving, which I dive mainly to get my fix

Edited by snoozcroozr