Metal scanners in SPB

lcumpire

Do I presume that you need it constantly, i.e. you can't leave it in the tour bus / van?

You might have a problem at the Hermitage, possibly elsewhere such as Catherine Palace.

Some places you can't take anything bigger than a hand-bag.

Your best information is likely to come from your independent local tour operator in St Petersburg - everyone on Cruise Critic is complimentary about the speedy responses of all of them to e-mailed queries.

If you've booked a ship-sponsored tour, you might find it considerably more difficult to get a response to your query. The best you can probably hope for is an e-mail address for the local operator that the ship uses - in fact you could perhaps ask for that e-mail address, & quote the reason why you need it.

JB :)

Thanx for your input - I do not need a bag as it is attached to me and I cannot leave it in the tour bus. We have arranged a tour with TJ tours and I am waiting for their response but wanted to get input from CC cruisers.

Thanx for your input - I do not need a bag as it is attached to me and I cannot leave it in the tour bus. We have arranged a tour with TJ tours and I am waiting for their response but wanted to get input from CC cruisers.

I was thinking of a luggage scanner.

Since it's pretty uncomfortable lying on a conveyor to go thro' a scanner :D, you're talking about a walk-thru scanner.

I can't imagine a problem - anywhere that a walk-thru scanner is used you can presumably elect for a frisk-down instead. Your guide can tell security staff the reason if your linguistic skills aren't up to the job. :)

JB :)