luggage valet

frak

Here's a luggage valet signup form from a sailing arriving in Lauderdale in March 2013 posted by another CC poster.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=45324559&postcount=19

Basically FLL-FLL had an 11:30 flight or later departure time requirement and FLL-MIA had a 2pm flight or later requirement.

I'd assume the reverse wild be true. MIA-MIA 11:30 and MIA-FLL 2:00.

Not all sailings offer luggage valet, so ask once you board for details.

Thanks, Curt! You are a true wealth of knowledge!

I was a little surprised not to see anything about Luggage Valet when we were on the Constellation last year. We were used to using the version offered by Princess.

I'll ask the butler about it next time. I'd love to know for sure it was offered on the Constellation. This would allow us to self debark.

Edited by john_galt

Thanks, Curt! You are a true wealth of knowledge!

I was a little surprised not to see anything about Luggage Valet when we were on the Constellation last year. We were used to using the version offered by Princess.

I'll ask the butler about it next time. I'd love to know for sure it was offered on the Constellation. This would allow us to self debark.

I know Connie does not offer it on the shorter Caribbean sailings (at least not on the ones I've sailed on). I think it's because many people just don't ask for the service since it's short and not a lot of luggage, and because many on those short Connie cruses are 1st timers and paying careful attention to budgets.

That makes sense. We do the 5 day so we can afford a nicer cabin. The more I cruise, the more time I actually stay in the room. We fly in the day before and turn it into a 6 day event.

This is kind of my problem. My very 1st cruise ever was a short Connie Cruise, where I got the penthouse for a steal just 2 weeks prior to sailing. I spoiled myself, and now am hooked. :-) Unfortunately the longer cruses don't look as good on paper as that short one did!