vision of the sea tour and lunch on Sun oct 2

who will be joining my me and dh on this tour and lunch. I am very excited about this tour. Even if we will just be on for a few hours I am going to enjoy every minute of it. Roll call who am I going to meet from cc board.

Wish we could make the tour but are cruising the next week to Hawaii. If you are given a tour and IF you can, take a picture of GS 8512 and balcony. We are going on this ship next year to Alaska and are really curious as to the size of the balcony. Have fun.

We will sailing on the ship Oct 2nd so please don't eat all the food,LOL. We will be in cabin 8542 deck 8 starboard side and at the Pool Bar staboard side, I'll be the big guy with long hair in a wheelchair. We have sailed with RCI 28 times all of them to the Mexican Riv.

Dennis & Barbara

Littleboy.. this is Bob ( the one that arranged the tour and lunch) you should have time after lunch to explore the ship on your own and meet the other poster who's sailing. We'll be boarding before the sailing guests and will look at the different cabin categories starting with the Royal Suite and working our way down. We should have about and hour and a half before lunch and roughly an hour after lunch to explore on our own before we must leave the ship.

I'll have a sign that reads "Ship Tour Check In" and will be standing out front near the Security Check point at the enterance of the terminal.

See you tomorrow!

This is going to be the miniest cruise that we will go on. Only lunch and then we get off the ship. But it will be nice to pretend that we are going someplace. I have not been on a Vision classs ship so I am interested in the cabins and the rest of the ship. Just returned from the Monarch in August and really enjoyed that 4 day trip. See you tomorrow and thank you Bob for arranging this. Best, Michele

Michele,, no need for thanks-- it will be fun to finally meet some fellow west coast CCers in person. I was on the Vision last Christmas and the ship was in great shape then. We'll be seeing her at her "worst" as she's schedule for drydock in Jan 06. My RCI Rep was on her last weekend and said she still looks great.

I agree, the Monarch is a nice ship, but the Vision class are so much nicer.

Drive safe and I'll see you in the morning. I'm heading up to San Pedro today to make the final arrangements. RCI has donated some nice logo items which will be raffled off during the post tour party at the Acapulco Restaurant.

Hello everyone!

We are sailing on the Vision tomorrow as well. We live in Oceanside, and have sailed on her before and she is our favorite ship. The captain and crew are the best!:)

Anybody else concerned about the hurricane? It is raging down there right now, and it is between the Vision and San Pedro! :mad: Hope they make it back here o.k. I watched the local weather last night (channel 10, San Diego) and they seemed to think that "Otis" would turn and be out of our way by Tuesday.

We will watch for everybody on board tomorrow!

Julie and Ace

This will be fun, Bob, even though you don't want us to, I would like to say thank you for organizing this also.

Littleboy, I have 2 teens going on the 11/25 cruise. My son is 16, my daughter, 13. We'll talk tomorrow, when Bob lets us!

We will be there also, my wife, our daughter and myself. This will be our 5th time on board the beautiful Vision of the Seas. We have her booked for our Alaskan cruise next summer. That will be a Crown and Anchor member cruise. If you do not have any plans for next sumer yet, let Bob book that one for you. Member cruises are really fun and you get a lot of gifts....

Thanks Bob for arranging this, hope we can do it every year and especially if the Navigator comes out here. Looking forward to seeing everyone tomarrow.

Mike

Happy KS.. no need for thanks..it's fun planning these events. You and Little will have plenty of time to talk.. I'm sure the free flowing wine at lunch will help :-)

I hadn't heard anything about a hurricane in Mexico.. let's just hope the ship makes it back in time!!

I also have some RCI Passport to Savings books for onboard discounts which I'll be bringing for anyone in the group who's booked on an RCI this year-- they expire on 12/31/05.

DH Don and I are looking forward to meeting everybody tomorrow! We've been on Vision twice and are booked for the 3-nighter right after she comes out of drydock. We've always wanted to have more than a sneak peek at the Royal Suite, so that will be loads of fun!

Looking forward to tomorrow....

Now I am excited and looking forward in meeting everyone tomorrow. Even if we are not going anywhere it will be fun to be on the ship and having in lunch in dinning room is where I always eat when I am at sea. See everyone tomorrow.

ChoosinCrusin-- I somehow remember someone saying the Mercury was due for a drydock soon-- and I hope so, she needs some work BAD. I'm just sure of the exact date the mentioned. I will call my Celeb. Rep on Monday and let you know.

Optifire- I arranged the shipboard tour and lunch for the west coast CCers. I tought it would be a nice, fun way for us to all finally get together and meet. I've been in the travel biz for 25 years and arranged this with the support of RCI in Miami. Basically we board before any passengers, tour all the cabins and suites as well as public areas, then have lunch in the dining room and after everyone has free time to explore on their own. After the day on the ship, I made arrangements with a local restaurant at the port to reserve their back deck for us to have a sailaway party as the Vision sails by. RCI has generously donated a ton of nice prizes to give away in a raffle. If you do business with a TA who's an RCI Key Account you should ask them about arranging such a thing for you folks in NJ. Most every cruise line will offer it to those TA's that do a lot of business with them... check it out!

HI Kids -

Just back from San Pedro -

It was great meeting local Cruise Critics, what a NICE bunch of folks, and the ship was lovely, can't wait to sail on her.

Thanks, again, Bob, for arranging this delightful tour of the Vision of the Seas.

Best,

Laurel

Archived