Sydney Hotels-Quay West or Star City Hotel?

citoman

Yes Mount 'n Beach picked us up right in front of the hotel (and dropped us off there as well). Our van had around 15 people so it made three or four hotel stops - we were in the middle.

We just did the day trip although a couple of folks did make the overnight stop. We also picked up a couple who had stayed the previous night and they seemed to enjoy it. We just didn't have enough time to stay over.

Please note our tour was a couple of years ago so there might be some changes. However, our lunch stop was at a first class hotel. Very good food with an excellent view.

Our morning tea/coffee stop was at a national park where we found some kangaroos living naturally. Have a great photo of a mother with her "joe" still in the pouch. It appears their web site offers more options than we had. I believe our tour closely resembled the description of BM01.

We had several photo ops - even walked out to a vista point on the edge of the canyon as well as a stop at the Three Sisters.

• 3 weeks later...

A quick note about the shangri-la. We stayed there when it opened and it was lovely. However, we were in a "Darling Harbour view" room which equated to the tollgates at the city end of the bridge. While I am sure it does face Darling Harbour there are many tall buildings blocking the view. I think we were on the 7th or 9th floor.

A cheap "tour" is catching the public ferry from Circualr Quay round to Darling Harbour. It is $4.80 per adult and takes about 20mins. Much cheaper than the tours and it stops at Luna Park for a good photo opportunity.

I agree with aussiedisney. Sydney has a fairly good public transport system. You can buy a day trip pass which entitles you to travel on a bus, train & ferry all day. Ferry network is brilliant and a great way to see the harbour and even take a ferry up to Parramatta, even a stop past the 2000 Olympic site.

Trip planning, fares, info at www.131500.com.au

• 1 month later...

Archived