Sailing from San Juan - Questions

cessnabmw

We are sailing in a few weeks from SJU.

We don't leave until 10pm.

What is the earliest time we can board?

Would the water slides, etc be open for us to use on the first day there?

Would Guys Burgers, etc be open for lunch?

Thanks!

Boarding can be a bit slow to get underway at San Juan, since there isn't much of a rush. We didn't debark until 11am last week, so I'm sure they didn't begin embarkation until close to noon since there were still a number of people behind us. We embarked at about 12:30pm and there was no delay for priority or general boarding.

Boarding can be a bit slow to get underway at San Juan, since there isn't much of a rush. We didn't debark until 11am last week, so I'm sure they didn't begin embarkation until close to noon since there were still a number of people behind us. We embarked at about 12:30pm and there was no delay for priority or general boarding.

Awesome, I figured there would be no major rush getting on the ship with the sail away time @ 10PM, looking forward to our Jan journeys cruise!

We consider it an extra day! We've always enjoyed embarkation day in San Juan on the ship very much. Just wish Muster wasn't SO LATE. Many people get on, drop their stuff and then go explore San Juan. It's so easy and walkable. Worth it! We stay on the boat though and enjoy it while it is hardly populated. Always a good good time.

We are sailing in a few weeks from SJU.

We don't leave until 10pm.

What is the earliest time we can board?

Would the water slides, etc be open for us to use on the first day there?

Would Guys Burgers, etc be open for lunch?

Thanks!

We did the same itinerary out of San Juan on Valor in May 2013, got to the cruise terminal at noon and were on the Lido Deck, with drink in hand, by 12:45pm. We were just on Liberty, same itinerary out of San Juan, in September. We had gotten the typical email from Carnival about not boarding till 2:30pm, but we've received those in the past and have always been able to board earlier. Well, this time they meant it. We got to the cruise terminal between 11:15 and 11:30am and once we got checked in, we were told that boarding would be delayed. We found seats (on the floor - seating is limited in San Juan) and finally boarded around 2:00pm. I guess it's not often that this happens, but it does happen. So for that one, I can't give you a definite answer. I've heard a few different reasons for the delay the day we embarked, but I don't know for certain which, if any, were the reasons.

The pools and bars were open when we got on that first day and from one of my pictures, I can see the water on the water slide, so I'm guessing it would be open. We only stayed on Liberty to eat and have a couple drinks before we got back off to see the sights in Old San Juan.

Guy's Burgers and Blue Iguana Burrito's will both be open for lunch when you get on.

We made the mistake of being in a big hurry to get on the ship that we missed the best part of our cruise...being in old town San Juan! Check in, have lunch and get off to enjoy one of the most beautiful places in the world!! It's one of the reasons that they leave port so late...so you can enjoy it as one of your stops.