majesty of the sea been on it ?

Majesty is a smaller ship by todays standards, but I love this ship. The decor is a bit dated, think 80's pastels and she is showing her age in a few places. We took the Majesty last November to the Bahama's and had a blast. Since she only does the 3,4,5 night itinerary you will find a much different mix of people on board, mostly locals from Florida just taking a quick get-away. The atmosphere is very upbeat and fun.

The food was as good as any other ship I have sailed and the service was excellent. The intinerary we did was Nassau, Coco-Cay and Key West. Loved all these ports. I will definetly book this ship again for a nice, funfilled get-away.

We are Floridians that have sailed the Majesty twice. Small cabins compared to the newer ships, great crew, embarkation and debarkation is down to a science, VERY efficient. It's pretty casual, don't expect lobster on formal night. Coco Cay is a great beach day and the barbecue is tasty. I wouldn't fly to a short cruise like the Majesty but that's just MHO. It's a fun getaway trip for us, at a better price than a beach hotel when you add in the meals.

We have sailed her twice and loved the cruises. We flew to the port and thought it was worth the airfare :)

On short cruises formal night isn't usually as formal as on longer cruises. People dress up, but don't go all out. Lobster is usually not served, but shrimp is.

The food is good, service is good, and it's always fun on the short cruises.

Happy cuising....

Bobbie

Thanks for the info. I will be going on the Majesty on the 11/14 sailing (hopefully! If I get a firm closing date on my house before the ship sells out!) and am very much looking forward to it. The itinerary is really nice although I was disappointed to learn you lose about 2 hrs in Key West due to immigration. :-( And I'm flying there too....it's only about $200 rt to MIA right now and it's worth it to me.

Gail

We love Majesty of the Seas. Cabins are tiny--not to mention the shower. As long as you are not grossly overweight, you will enjoy the ship. Great itinerary too. We really like Coco Cay. I like the larger new ships, but do enjoy Majesty for those shorter cruises. We docked right at Mallory Square in Key West. Wonderful port.

We're Floridians (Ft. Myers) and we love the Majesty! We've been twice, and are going again in a couple of weeks! CoCo Cay is wonderful! In Nassau, we usually just shop/walk around for an hour or so then spend the day on the ship.

The ship is small by today's new standards, but still big enough to not be bored. There are always plenty of deck chairs. The entertainment is always very good (love Boogie Wonderland!!), and the service is great!

Archived