restaurants On St Thomas

tm3750

Wonderful view of Harbour etc., on Government Hill not far from Havensight and wonderful food, and $$$$ prices also, but worth it. Phone 340-777-9703.

Not sure when they open for dinner, think 6 P.M. Reservations a must and tell them when you need to leave to make the sail away. They will call a cab for you, just let them know you need one when you come in. No shorts etc., but not necessary to wear "formal" either.

B.

Another is Banana Tree Grill at Bluebeards Castle and also Room with a View (also at Bluebeards).

Also Paradise Point has a great sunset view over the harbor. Right now they are doing happy hour a couple nights a week, but not regular dinner; which they do during season. Not as fancy as Herve's or Banana Tree Grill, but figured I’d mention it.

Another spot with a great view is the restaurant at Mafolie Hotel.

--Islander

http://www.*****

• 4 weeks later...

Duffy's Love Shack is just that a "shack" in Red Hook. Fun if you are young and do not have to use the rest rooms! They have okay food ( mainly burgers etc. ) and fizzy drinks in signature cups . The drinks themselves are fine. I would not make a special trip to Red Hook for Duffy's in MHO.

B.:)

Duffy's Love Shack is just that a "shack" in Red Hook. Fun if you are young and do not have to use the rest rooms! They have okay food ( mainly burgers etc. ) and fizzy drinks in signature cups . The drinks themselves are fine. I would not make a special trip to Red Hook for Duffy's in MHO.

B.:)

Really? I assumed it was along the lines of Senor Frogs. Also assumed it was right near where the ships docked. I may have to rethink this! Thanks for the input.

here's another vote for banana tree grill. Had an excellent meal there in Nov 04 w/ wonderful service and good views. Would caution anyone w/ mobility issues that there are a LOT of stairs... so be forewarned if that is an issue

My husband and I will be in St. Thomas for New Year's Eve and looking for a nice place to eat and have drinks. Any suggestions? Wondering about the need to make reservations somewhere or can we walk in to most places?

Also wondering what will be open New Year's day which is also on Sunday. What will be open for shopping??

Thanks for any info.

Hello Helen,

Are you going to be visiting on a cruise... so looking for lunch that day... or are you staying for a couple days... so looking for dinner?

If its dinner then keep in mind that most restaurants have special New Years Eve dinners with pre-set dinner, party favors, sometimes live music for a fixed price. It is recommended you make reservations several days to a week or so in advance if you are set on a particular place.

If its lunch, shouldn't be an issue.

Not sure what you mean by walking to most places??? Walking from where and what places??

If there are ships in port on the Sunday then the stores in Havensight will be open regular hours 9-5 and many in downtown Charlotte Amalie will be open their regular Sunday hours which is until around 1pm.

--Islander

http://www.*****

We are leaving on the 2nd on a the Windjammer Legacy and will be staying in St. Thomas from the 31st till then.

I meant reservations versus walking in not walking from the motel :o

I'm sure we'll be tired but excited to be there and want to party some that night so looking for a fun place to eat and listen to music if possible. I figured we would probably need reservations so just looking for advice as to a nice place. Thanks!

Archived