Looking to meet people to share excursion

johnnyrb

We will be cruising on the Breakaway in a few months and would like do to a local excursion (boat tour) which the ship doesnt offer. The problem is that 8 guests are required for the local operator to take their boat out. How would one go about finding other interested passengers? If I post to the roll call, nobody will read it because there are already 1,600 replies there, and I doubt people who have already checked in on the Roll Call will keep checking back. Should I start a new thread in the roll call section, or is there someplace else where I should post this.

thanks

How would one go about finding other interested passengers? If I post to the roll call, nobody will read it because there are already 1,600 replies there, and I doubt people who have already checked in on the Roll Call will keep checking back. Should I start a new thread in the roll call section, or is there someplace else where I should post this.

No, you should post only to your Roll Call thread, not start new threads here or there. :)

We will be cruising on the Breakaway in a few months and would like do to a local excursion (boat tour) which the ship doesnt offer. The problem is that 8 guests are required for the local operator to take their boat out. How would one go about finding other interested passengers? If I post to the roll call, nobody will read it because there are already 1,600 replies there, and I doubt people who have already checked in on the Roll Call will keep checking back. Should I start a new thread in the roll call section, or is there someplace else where I should post this.

thanks

IME arranging private tours in Europe, the roll call is absolutely the best place to find like-minded people. That's your best bet.

thanks

If there are 1,600 posts there then you have a very active roll call. Those who have signed in are checking back often. Just post, introduce yourself, give a brief description of the tour and ask if anyone is interested. What port? If you don't get sufficient interest, find out what other ships are in port the same day and post on their roll call as well.