Carnival Vista Nov 16 2016 - NYC to MIA Repositioning

Canadian_J

My fabulous mother and I are booked in a Havana Cabana for our annual Kiki Cruise on Carnival Vista's repo from NYC to MIA (via the Southern Caribbean) on November 16 2016. We've already got about a dozen friends and cruise mates booked along with us and are hoping to have some more joining soon. Hope to have some other Friends of Dorothy joining us :)

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Welcome to both of you! Looks like Dorothy's preferred accommodations is the Havana section. Small world :)

MayneCoon, which side of the ship is your suite on? We're two doors down from the suites on starboard. Good friends of ours are in one of the starboard suites. And some cruise friends of ours (also fun people) are in one of the port side ones.

Hope you meet you both on board!

• 3 weeks later...

Boyfriend and I are really looking forward to this... it'll be our 2nd cruise together (my 7th overall) and our first repo cruise. Also the longest cruise we've ever been on. Looking forward to meeting everyone at FOD!

We're in room 6278... but also staying in NYC for two nights and one night in Miami at the end. Hoping for a seriously epic vacation!

Boyfriend and I are really looking forward to this... it'll be our 2nd cruise together (my 7th overall) and our first repo cruise. Also the longest cruise we've ever been on. Looking forward to meeting everyone at FOD!

We're in room 6278... but also staying in NYC for two nights and one night in Miami at the end. Hoping for a seriously epic vacation!

Welcome! First repo and longest cruise for me as well. What part of NYC are you staying before you sail? A bunch in our group are in Hell's Kitchen. Looking forward to simply walking to the port for embarkation! Plus HK is always a fun neighbourhood :)

Welcome! First repo and longest cruise for me as well. What part of NYC are you staying before you sail? A bunch in our group are in Hell's Kitchen. Looking forward to simply walking to the port for embarkation! Plus HK is always a fun neighbourhood :)

We haven't decided where to stay yet (still possibly staying with friends)... but also love the idea of walking to the cruise port. Its also our first time ever to NYC!

We haven't decided where to stay yet (still possibly staying with friends)... but also love the idea of walking to the cruise port. Its also our first time ever to NYC!

If you need a hotel, many of us are at the Skyline and there still may be discounted group rooms available. I don't remember the exact details, but it was well under $200/night. Send me a private message if you'd like more about that, happy to share!

If you need a hotel, many of us are at the Skyline and there still may be discounted group rooms available. I don't remember the exact details, but it was well under $200/night. Send me a private message if you'd like more about that, happy to share!

Sounds awesome... would love to know more (although I can't figure out how to send a private message on this forum!)

• 2 weeks later...
Sounds awesome... would love to know more (although I can't figure out how to send a private message on this forum!)

Oops, thought that was a feature!

Anyways: about 70 of us (some on the main roll call for Cruise Critic) are staying at the Skyline Hotel in Hell's Kitchen. An agent arranged a discount code for us. You can book online, just use the code "161114funf" I believe rates started at $169/night. Nice hotel and walking distance from the port :)

• 3 weeks later...