Discount excursions in Grand Caymen

awtorrey

Hi. Has anyone used Discount Excursions in Grand Caymen? I am looking at 2 different sting ray city/snorkeling trips. One costs $30 for 3 hours, the other costs $35 for 3.5 hours. I'd like to hear from anyone who has done either of these. Thank you for your time.

• 3 weeks later...

I like their prices. I look forward to hearing more reviews of their service. We will be in Grand Cayman in September. Trying to figure our what we are going to do

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am now back from my cruise and wanted to fill you in on my experience with Discount Excursions. I booked with them very last minute. I wanted the shorter, 3.5 hour sting ray city excursion, but was told that it wasn't available and the shortest one was full so I booked the 4 hour excursion for a total of $90. I was a little concerned about the timing, since we were only on Grand Caymen for a short time and it's a tender port. Our ship starting letting people off about 8 am and the last tender back to ship was 2:15 pm. We were on the pier a little after 9 and had no trouble finding their little booth. My first question was about the time. And she absolutely, positively guaranteed that we would be back in time. They have a big blue canopy to wait in the shade. There were about 12-15 people on our tour. We headed for the bus a couple of minutes after 10. It took about 15-20 minutes to get to the boat and about 30 minutes to get out to sting ray city. We were there for quite a while so everyone would have a chance to feed them and hold them. One guy was helping us with the sting rays and another was taking pictures. When we left there it was just a short distance to the first snorkel stop, which was awesome. And not far to the 2nd snorkel stop, which was also very cool. The boat captain threw some chopped up fish in the water to bring the fish up higher in the water. The guy that took pictures had the pictures loaded on his I-pad and in between snorkeling we were able to look at them and decide if we wanted to buy them. There were 10 pictures of my husband and I and they were really pretty good. It was $40 to have him email all the pictures to me, which I thought was reasonable. About the boat. The description of the boat we were supposed to take was VERY different from the one we were actually on. The description said 50 foot catamaran with trampolines. We were on a much smaller boat, maybe because there were so few people on the tour? There was a bathroom on the boat and they did give us water and juice and had a cooler we could use to keep the drinks we brought with us cold. We were back at the pier about 1:45. I didn't feel rushed at the snorkel stops or the sting ray city and it was nice being in a small group because everyone had enough time to do what they wanted. On a scale of 1-5, I would give the excursion a 3.5-4. If we had been on the boat that was described or if there was more food to feed the sting rays (we each only got to feed them once) it would have been higher, but it was a good tour and I had no worries. I would use them again, only next time I wouldn't wait until the last minute to book.