Redondo beach hotels

thequeen

:confused: HELP!! Can anyone from LA or Southern CA tell me if we are making a mistake on a post cruise stay in December? We have booked a hotel at Redondo Beach and it looks pretty nice, but not sure if this is the best place for some R & R after our cruise. We will be coming in from San Pedro port and taking a shuttle to the hotel. I have made reservations at the Portofino Yacht Club hotel and just wanted to be sure we won't be ending up staying at the wrong area near LA. We had someone else suggest Manhattan beach, but don't know which would be better......If anyone can give us advice, I would be eternally grateful! Thanks so much.........happy cruising all!

Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach and Manhattan are VERY small towns along the coast and in a row going towards LA. It is about a 20 minute drive on Pacific Coast Highway into LA proper. They are adorable beach towns . My daughter lives there and I have been there many times. If you need any more information e-mail me at sagamble11@comcast.net

Sally

Well, I would not call Redondo, Hermosa and Manhattan Beach very small towns - maybe once they were but today they are part of the LA metropolitan area sprawl. In fact the entire area is very built up and what may look like a very tiny house by the beach will cost millions! All 3 are great tho, you cannot go wrong in this part of the LA area. We lived in So. CA for years and now go back to visit and we always stay in this area of town. All 3 cities have piers, shops, lots of restuarants, etc. You should enjoy it there!!! Basically the 3 run right into one another, coming south form LAX it's Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach and then Redondo.

These are all nice beach towns and I hope you have nice weather while you're there. If you rent a car while you're there I would suggest you take a drive to near-by Palos Verdes Peninsula (yes it is surrounded by water on 3 sides). There are some beautiful cliffs and even more gorgeous homes there. Definitely the high rent district! The Waferer's Chapel designed by Frank Lloyd Wright is on the cliffs. Another beautiful site is the Neighborhood Church in the Malaga Cove area of Palos Verdes. This is a beautiful church on the cliffs (my sister was married there....lucky her!) and formerly the Hagerty's (sp) mansion and has been seen in movies.

The views from Palos Verdes are really nice!

Thanks to all my "cruise critic" friends for taking time to ease our minds about our choice for a post cruise stay. We are so glad that we got so many great reviews about where we are planning our little mini-break after our great Hawaiian cruise! Thanks again and we wish you all the best........;)

Archived