Need a Great Restaurant In St. Barts

Famisaac

I will be on a cruise in December that departs late from the port of Gustavia,St. Barts. There will be enough time to have dinner on the Island. Looking for a recommendation for some lovely restaurants. Price is not a problem if the value is worth it. Thank you for any suggestions made.

Now that it has reopened, Le Lafayette Club is considered my many to be "The best" on the island, but it's 'lunch only'.

Expect to pay $E100-150 each for lunch. Great view of Grand cul de sac, stellar food and service. We've sat next to David Letterman, Whoppie Goldberg and many more....

...As for dinner........

We like François Plantation, but it's under new management this year , so I'll withold comment until we return in February.

Is this what you had in mind for dinner?:

carls-place.JPG

It's Restaurant Le Carl Gustaf , and I think you will like it very much. We've eaten there many times and it never disappoints. Expect to pay about the same as lunch at Le Lafayette.

I found their website for you:

Le Carl Gustaf

Remember, St. Barts is the home of the US$600 beach towel, so a US$300 dinner for two is considered normal.

ENJOY! :)

Thanks barbados, for the restaurant picks. The websites look perfect. If any other names come up for you, please let me know. As this is a "business dinner", I'm unfortunately, not the one "in charge". Still, I love to be prepared with info/ideas.

Archived