Breakaway Nov. 8th - my thoughts

worktocruise610

Sailed on the Breakaway from NYC on November 8th & thought I'd share my experience. I'm not a writer, so this will be short, but am happy to answer any questions you may have.

Overall, I had a great time & loved the ship. It was definitely the biggest I've been on (previously Gem & Dawn) but I didn't feel any more crowded than on there ships. I agree with those saying the layout is not the best, the pool area is so small!, but that didn't bother me as much as I thought it might.

Restaurants - I thought the Garden cafe buffet was really nice, big & had a good selection of food. We ate there a few times, breakfast, lunch & dinner. It was crowded, but there was always enough room IMO. There are plenty of seats & we never had to look far for a table. We also ate at Taste & Savor, I'm guessing service there has to do with maitre d's as we had no problems whatsoever at Taste but 2 experiences at Savor were bad. Service was slow, or non existence, and we had to call the maitre d over to help a couple of times.

Entertainment - we didn't do any of the pay shows, only the ones provided by cruise staff. Our CD was Scott & I thought he was really good. He had a lot of energy & a great personality. With the exception of his asst CD, the rest of the staff was also real good.

Service - I found some of the bar staff to be not friendly, even close to rude sometimes, but also found some good people. I felt the service was better on Dawn & Gem both times we went. But again, didn't ruin my vacation.

Tender - had to include this as it was horrible! No one really in charge, different answers depending on who you talked to, just a bad job overall. Thank goodness it was only 1 day so bearable ;-)

Overall, we had a great time. Would I sail the ship again? Absolutely, but I do prefer the smaller ships - Gem being my favorite so far.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Hey Geeni! So sorry I missed you guys 😟

He just didn't have the energy the others had, not so much I didn't like him, he just wasn't on par with the others. He always seemed hungover or tired lol. I know it's a tough job but in comparison to Scott & the others, IMO, he fell short.

Hope you had a good cruise. Maybe we'll meet on another cruise some day :D