Best ships to get married on

bless81s

My financee and I would like to get married in port in Miami. The problem is that we don't know which cruise ship to get married on.

We also would like a ship where there is ALOT of activities, fun and busy! We were thinking of going to the Bahamas.

Do anyone have any good suggestions?

Take a look at the RCI Explorer of the Seas or the RCI Voyager of the Seas. Both are huge ships and have tons of stuff going on at all times. I looked quickly at the RCI website, both seem to have dates out of Miami to the Eastern Caribbean. They also have nice wedding chapels. A lot of people say the RCI Royal Romance wedding people are hard to deal with, but if you stay on top of them you'll be fine. If you are looking for a lively ship RCI is a good choice. I am not a personal fan of Carnival.

I am looking at the Mariner of the Seas (the sister ship of the two I mentioned above) out of Port Canaveral right now for my wedding.

Hi jamiski,

I am getting married on the EOS in Jan. I will let you know how it goes, and will post some pics.

The ship offers so many activites, and sounds like everyone that is going with us will have a great time.

We are going to Cozumel, Belize, Cayman Island, Costa Maya.

We are also getting married in the Port of Miami. We were having a little trouble with RR but I have ironed some things out. Just keep on top of them and everything will be fine.

I am still wondering where to get my hair done!!! =)

Melissa

Hi Melissa,

I was on the Voyager out of Miami a few year ago and had a blast! Good mix of people and the Staff was great!!

I don't know if you have any trips planned on the ports of call but I can suggest a few ideas if you like. I've done the Western Caribbean twice, that is why we are looking at Eastern now.

You'll have to send me pictures and let me know all about it.

I see they are offering 'off ship' hair services. You may be better off researching a local salon, at least you could talk to you them in advance. Who knows with the RR's people?

Jamey

Our granddaughter is getting married on the Zenith in Dec. She and her parents toured the ship and met with the wedding coordinator yesterday. They were very impressed with everything. I also have read positive reviews on the weddings held on NCL> I really think all of the ships offer a great service and any would work well. Now that doesn't mean you will have the same activities on HAL as Carnival, but any of the mid lines should work just fine. I would email each and see what type of response you get. Pick the one you feel you have the best cummincations with or choose according to the itinerary that meets your needs. NMNita

The Zenith is a great little ship, that is where my fiance and I met. We wanted to marry on it, but it is only going on 11 and 10 cruises around our date. But if you want constant activity for the whole family you want a larger ship. The Zenith will give you a great relaxing vacation though.

Keep in mind the time of year is a big factor out of Florida, the off seasons are a lot of Seniors. My fiance worked for Celebrity he's familiar with the Florida off season.

If you don't want to get married in port, Princess is the only cruise line that will marry you at sea. My FI and I are getting married at sea on the Grand Princess 11/27/05. It is nice for our guest who want to do things while in port and we don't have to rush on the day we set sail .

Hi jamiski

I will be looking into some other salons in Miami. Sometimes dealing with RR is like pulling teeth.

I have been to Cozumel and we absolutly loved it. We went with Carnival Cruise and we did the 4x4 Jeep Tour which was amazing.

We are having 8 people join us on the cruise and we plan on doing that excussion again if RRCL offers it.. which I think they do.

As for Costa Maya, Belize and Cayman not to sure what to do there.

Our parents won't be joining us for all the shore excussions as we would like to Cave Tubing, Jungle Trek and stuff like that.

If you have any suggestion please let me know.

Thanks

Melissa

Hey Missy,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you :) Here are a few ideas...

If they do not offer the 4x4 tour on RCI, there is a 'swim with the dolphins' place near the ship's dock not associated with RCI. My Mom booked us in advance and we saved a ton of $$$. They offered 2 programs one where we got in the water played with the dolphins and the other were you sit on a dock and play with them (obviously the dock one is cheaper) I don't remember the name of the place, but if you are interested I could ask my Mom. It was so cool!

Belize I highly recommend Reggie's Tours, also not associated with RCI. He runs a solid family business that do the Cave Tubing tours. Reggie undercuts the cruiselines by A LOT, and he gives you a longer much more private tour. Go to http://www.regtour.com for details.

In Cayman, I love to just go to the beach. You can get a cheap taxi at the port and just go. If you are interested in a more organized tour, my Mom did the Turtle Farm tour through the cruiseline and loved it.

Costa Maya is the only Western Caribbean port i've never been to...so sorry can't help there.

Let me know if you need anymore ideas :)

Archived