NCL Escape - Wedding during 8th Jan 2017 Cruise - feedback and ideas required

welshgirl

Hi Cruisers, we are currently planning my Daughter's wedding on the Escape and liaising with the recommended wedding co-ordinators.

Do you have any feedback or ideas to share so that we can make this a magical experience?

The wedding will be on board and not at destination.

Wedding party size between 30-40.

Thanks

Welshgirl xx

Thank you so much for access to the photos and review. I love the idea of a tote bag of goodies for the wedding guests.

I notice you had photos on the staircase, did you need permission for this or did you just pose for photos in public areas as and when you wanted to?

I didn't know there was perks for group bookings except for 1 free sailing passenger for every so many cabins booked (every 8?)

Thanks

xx

The ship's photogs should be part of the package you are booking with the wedding planner and you then negotiate a photo package (for lots of $$) including X number of shots, whether you want a canvas photo, wedding book etc. They will take the couple all over the ship for poses as well as group photos with the guests/wedding party etc.

You do realize you aren't going to really get your choice of venue, that will be selected for you. Are you bringing your own officiant?

There is a great area under specialty cruising for weddings and you will find lots of hints, reviews and tips over there.

Good luck!

Edited by Sauer-kraut

Hi, we are booking the Captain so we have a legal ceremony.

We have been informed all suggested venue's are still available and 60-90 days out we will receive confirmation.

Still trying to put together a few options to submit.

Hi, we are booking the Captain so we have a legal ceremony.

We have been informed all suggested venue's are still available and 60-90 days out we will receive confirmation.

Still trying to put together a few options to submit.

What are the venues?

They do have a dedicated photography studio on board.

Thank you so much for access to the photos and review. I love the idea of a tote bag of goodies for the wedding guests.

I notice you had photos on the staircase, did you need permission for this or did you just pose for photos in public areas as and when you wanted to?

I didn't know there was perks for group bookings except for 1 free sailing passenger for every so many cabins booked (every 8?)

Thanks

xx

The staircase wedding photos were taken by the ship's photographer. We had the option of having photos (of the 2 of us) taken all over the ship, but asked her to do just a few of the 2 us plus more of us with other people. The staircase was the best way to get a shot of everyone to go along with the smaller group shots we did in he wedding venue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Cruisers, we are currently planning my Daughter's wedding on the Escape and liaising with the recommended wedding co-ordinators.

Do you have any feedback or ideas to share so that we can make this a magical experience?

Thanks

Welshgirl xx

Try the threads on wedding and honeymoon cruises. You might get more answers.

I can share my experience with the recommended wedding coordinators. I found the exchanges with them difficult once the contract was signed. There weren't many options available, it seemed difficult to plan anything, much less making it a magical day. I felt rather helpless in the decision process - for some odd reason I felt more stressed out than anything. I found it abnormal to be researching on how to plan our wedding instead of having the designated wedding coordinator helping us out.

We eventually opted out and chose to get married on shore and to have our honeymoon onboard instead.

Hope it helps.

We have been finding this already but my daughter wants the cruise ship wedding. All responses to email taken from the wedding guide and no confirmation of requests. We are going to list a few options and hopefully will get what we want. My daughter doesn't want aspects of the day spread about the ship.

This site is good as we can prepare ourselves for a reality check.

We have been finding this already but my daughter wants the cruise ship wedding. All responses to email taken from the wedding guide and no confirmation of requests. We are going to list a few options and hopefully will get what we want. My daughter doesn't want aspects of the day spread about the ship.

This site is good as we can prepare ourselves for a reality check.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulties with the planning process.

I truly hope you'll find positive feedback to help you out in this dilemma!

One way or another, congratulations to the bride and groom to be, that's the most important part.

Good luck and I'm happy to answer any questions you may have!

• 9 months later...

Thanks

Welshgirl xx

Hello :)

I too am planning my daughter's cruise wedding. Harbourside. Next August 2017. I would love to hear how it is going. I am such a planner/organizer that doing this at arms' length is going to be difficult. I am just about the send in the contract with $$ and after reading some of the posts, am afraid they won't be helpful or quick in responses. I hope this is not the case. So far, they have been great. I have corresponded with a Tiffany and another girl. I haven't been on cruise critic for over a year, so i hope i can find your response, and do this properly. And Congratulations!

• 2 months later...

Hi

We are dealing with Tiffany.

We are 1 month away from the Cruise now and we have received confirmation that the wedding will be held on deck 17 forward. It is the NCL Getaway we are travelling on (error saying the Escape when i set up the thread). The wedding will be performed by the Captain.

The wedding is at 4pm, followed by a meal in the tropicana restaurant (free). We are finishing up in the bliss night club.

Tiffany has been great but there is only so much scope they have. Royal Weddings finalise the plan and then inform you of the on board wedding co-ordination who will support once onboard.

We have set up a facebook page for all travellers so that we can share trip planning information, advise and inform of excursions, entertainment options such as illusionarium (fee paying entertainment/dining event).

I will post a review late January of how it all went.

• 3 months later...
Hi

We are 1 month away from the Cruise now and we have received confirmation that the wedding will be held on deck 17 forward. It is the NCL Getaway we are travelling on (error saying the Escape when i set up the thread). The wedding will be performed by the Captain.

The wedding is at 4pm, followed by a meal in the tropicana restaurant (free). We are finishing up in the bliss night club.

Tiffany has been great but there is only so much scope they have. Royal Weddings finalise the plan and then inform you of the on board wedding co-ordination who will support once onboard.

We have set up a facebook page for all travellers so that we can share trip planning information, advise and inform of excursions, entertainment options such as illusionarium (fee paying entertainment/dining event).

Hello! I've booked my wedding for January 1, 2018 on board the Norwegian Epic. Just wondering if you still plan on posting a review on your daughter's wedding. I'd love to hear about your experience and any tips and tricks you had regarding the wedding and making it go smoothly :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

Do you have any pictures you can share? I'm getting married on the Getaway this Oct.? (You can email to uneekchick at gmail dot com.)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums