Rainforest tours on cruise stop 1pm-8pm

rizzle64

We are getting into PR at 1pm and must be back onboard by 8pm.

Does anyone have suggestions on a rainforest tours we can do in that timeframe? We aren't interested in ziplining or caving, would just like to hike, see some waterfalls, swim in some cool places and enjoy the rainforest.

I'm just worried the tour companies will turn me down as we can't get started until so late in the day.

THANKS!!

We just hired a cab, negotiated a price and off we went. The cabbie took us to the most popular sights, explained some of the histoty and waited for us when we hiked. The 4 of us had a great, private inexpensive "tour"!

Edited by Viv0828

• 2 weeks later...

I have a similar question, we are in port 2pm to 9pm at the end of the month. Our first time in San Juan and we really want to see the rain forest, we are signed up on a tour through RCCL because we didn't want to have to worry about timing but I am wondering if it is going to be too dark to be enjoyable and if we are better off sticking with the forts and then walking the city/maybe going for snacks or an early dinner (traveling with our kids ages 17 and 20). Thoughts? We will be in St. Kitts, also a first time for us, so I suppose one option is rain forest there although it doesn't sound as nice as the one in San Juan.

I used to live in Rio Grande. Unless you are familiar with the area, I wouldn't recommend renting the car and going on your own- especially if you will be driving back to San Juan after dark. Is there a shore excursion you could take? If you are comfortable with driving on your own, you won't have any problem finding waterfalls and beautiful wildlife in El Yunque on your own. Remember it is cooler at the higher elevation so don't forget a sweater. Wear closed toe shoes- leave the sandals on the ship. And it is the rainforest- expect a chance of rain. Have fun!

6 adult hired Carlos for several hours. Carlos picked us up at the Cruise Port. Our flight wasn't till 5:30 pm. So we had all day. Went to the rainforest -saw the Zip Line near the rainforest. We did some Hiking in El Yunque. Lunch at a local restaurant. Went to the beach. Went by several vendors and much more.

Carlos took photo's of us all day. Emailed them to us.

Great Lux Van -Snacks & Drinks included. Also have large TV Screen in van to view a video of the area you are going to while you are in route.

We have a fabulous time. -you won't be sorry.

Carlos Medina (Super Host)

Charlie's Custom Tours PR

Celular: 787-648-1912

http://www.customtourspr.com/ medinajr201@gmail.com