Booked on Miracle!!!

braidnc

I'll be going on my second carnival cruise (1st being Destiny February 2004) for my honeymoon departing May 21, 2006 =)

We are so excited, we loved our first cruise and the reviews I've read on this site have been so helpful.

Does anybody have any transportation suggestions to and from the airport?

We would book through carnival however we've booked a 12:14pm departing flight returning home and according to carnival their first shuttle doesn't leave until 12:30.

I would love to splurge on a limo/towncar but I'm not sure how much the splurge would be or if it's even worth it seeing as the Port isn't to far from the airport.

Any suggestions would be great!!!

I'll be going on my second carnival cruise (1st being Destiny February 2004) for my honeymoon departing May 21, 2006 =)

We are so excited, we loved our first cruise and the reviews I've read on this site have been so helpful.

Does anybody have any transportation suggestions to and from the airport?

We would book through carnival however we've booked a 12:14pm departing flight returning home and according to carnival their first shuttle doesn't leave until 12:30.

I would love to splurge on a limo/towncar but I'm not sure how much the splurge would be or if it's even worth it seeing as the Port isn't to far from the airport.

Any suggestions would be great!!!

Cab ride would be fine.. like 15 minutes or so from the pier to the airport.

Just got off the miracle today.... wish I was still on it now.

If you are flying in the day before, some rental companies at the airport offer complimentary shuttle service to and from the port. I won't mention the name (may be a no-no on the boards) but it's one of the major ones.

It may be worth renting a car for one day. We did in July. Drove to St. Pete Beach for dinner the night before and then back to the airport in the morning. The lady who shuttled us to the port was terrific. She shared lots of information about downtown Tampa and the port.

We didn't realize we'd have shuttle service through them when we returned. We had booked a shuttle through Carnival. Still we were at the airport before noon.

We were pleased with the decor on the Miracle, if that's the ship the OP is sailing. Be sure to look at the vases displayed in the stairwells. They're all different. Very beautiful.

If you are going to arrive the day before your cruise, The Chase Suites is a nice place to stay. Plus, they will pick you up at the airport, take you to the port the morning of your cruise and pick you up at the port on your return and drive you back to the airport. The motel is very nice and clean and there are restaurants within walking distance. Have a great time on the Miracle. Make sure you go to Frankie and Johnny's. The band that plays there is awesome.

Archived