Falmouth off the Allure..River Bumpkin Farm???

jled

Has anyone been to the River Bumpkin Farm off a cruise from the Falmouth port? I am sailing on RCI Allure in January. I like the idea of the kayaking or biking excursions from this port . I found them on Tripadvisor and there seems to be very little information. I've been to Jamaica and all the different all inclusive resorts for vacations many manyb times and really want to do something more active... My other thoughts are the Blue Hole..or just ended up with a beach day... any suggestions would be really appreciated

• 3 weeks later...

I just looked on TripAdvisor. There was quite a few reviews. Were you looking at the same thing? Looks like it was just opened in 2014 and developed by the Sandals resorts for their guests and others.

I am seriously looking at the kayaking here. Seems much more laid back than the cattle trips and closer. Thanks for the heads up!. Leaving for FLL next week and I have left Falmouth planning kind of late...

Edited by chinita415

I am thinking of the Biking Excursion...kayaking is still my other choice, but I wanted something different. I like the IslandRoutes website to book the River Bumpkin though..they sort everything by cruise ship,but it definitely gets good reviews on Tripadvisor and I YouTubed some videos too.

By the way.. you have an amazing cruise history!!! Awesome itineraries.

Island Routes is the tour operator arm of Sandals it seems.

I was looking at bike and kayak combo but that's probably too much. I think kayak would be more fun.

Want to look for a local jerk place in Falmouth to eat on our way back to the ship.

LOL... we are not cruisers but former backpackers and now "flashpackers." All the other cruises were a means to an end. The Galapogas was our 10th Anniversary trip. This is the first pleasure cruise. I had a whole trip to Vietnam planned but the other half was too tired from work and chose this instead. I was looking at a HAL Eastern Caribbean cruise for the ports but couldn't see myself with that demographics. I barely tolerated it in Alaska. So Allure it was. Go big or go home right?

One more work week for me! When are you going?

Edited by chinita415

My husband and I did the HAL Panama canal cruise because of the itinierary two years ago...Aruba, Curacao, Costa Rica and Panama...I'm now 49 and my husband is 52...we were the absolute YOUNGEST people on the ship!! Walkers lined up in the main dining room.. we are very active..hence the mountain biking...It was a great itinerary..but my first and last HAL cruise...just my two cents...I'm doing the Allure in January 24 and am running the Miami Half Marathon Sunday Jan 24 right before we get on the cruise...I am flying in from NY on Saturday and running the race on Sunday and getting on the cruise later in the day...We kayaked with Celebrity in Labadee last year and it was actually pretty great..much better than I expected it to be!

• 6 months later...