Two Questions

blue-noser

You're lucky, they don't sell boats at my local Christmas market ;) :D

Very good !!

I bet they sell £5 sausages or lager at even more a pint !

To be fair, some of the Christmas markets now in the UK are actually not too bad, say Manchester or Birmingham. But my local one in Chester pretty much all it does sell is cheap and nasty tat from China.

Very good !! I bet they sell £5 sausages or lager at even more a pint ! To be fair, some of the Christmas markets now in the UK are actually not too bad, say Manchester or Birmingham. But my local one in Chester pretty much all it does sell is cheap and nasty tat from China.
The Christmas Market in Bath is very good, the one in Bristol I am avoiding at all costs; I've no idea where the stuff they sell comes from, but it all looks like tat (even worse than the "tables of tat" often seen on QM2)

Best Christmas wishes :)

First, are there clothes irons in the Britianna cabins or are they only the launderette ?

Second, does the Southampton Christmas Market sell locally produced items or are most of them from the PRC ?

Thanks.

The iron in the laundry room seems to be quite sought after. I believe there is typically a queue for its use (particularly immediately after boarding and before the first formal night).

I find packing with tissue paper helps one avoid the need for ironing.

Have a wonderful voyage!

Hello all. Got to give plug here for my local, Lincoln.It is allegedly the best in the country. Here is where the hypocrisy comes in though, I have never been. My wife and daughter went this year and I am pleased to say the sausage sandwich they had was Lincolnshire from a local farm. Price ? a lot.

Rodger.

Edited by branston boy

The Christmas markets in the UK are usually selling cheap Chinese junk items, or £5 a pop German Sausages !

Which is much the same as the German ones in Germany.

Did a Christmas Markets cruise a few years ago. Never wanted to repeat.

David.

To be fair, some of the Christmas markets now in the UK are actually not too bad, say Manchester or Birmingham. But my local one in Chester pretty much all it does sell is cheap and nasty tat from China.

Yes Manchester is good for north European crafts when I've been. Shame on Chester.

The OP is asking about Southampton and the link I provided says:

It features a traditional German market operated by internationally renowned WELA Märkte featuring totally unique, individually designed alpine chalets with traditional German fayre, from bratwurst and waffles to gingerbread hearts and candied fruit.

The market includes over 40 independent stallholders offering a range of hand-made, authentic gifts including wooden toys, baskets, soaps, lamps, jewellery as well as Christmas decorations.

So he should be okay.

Thanks all for the information.

Just want to get Made in UK goods.

Like the Empire Stores of olden days.

Saw many tourists here in HFX looking for a NS souvenir and majority available were... Made in China.

So sad, a Mountie (image was licensed to Disney Corp.) Beaver (national animal) stuffed toy... Made in China, and charging the biggest money to boot

when a locally made item was not a lot more.

Thanks again.

Edited by blue-noser