Fascination - WiFi

fitoldguyinspeedo

So after reading the Carnival website they claim they have three options for wifi access aboard their ships. Social ($5 per day), Value ($16 per day) and Premium ($25 per day). I can not find any information on how to obtain it. One would think you could purchase ahead of time much like in room beverages, Faster to the Fun (FTTF) or even Spa packages somewhere on the website.

Anyone have any knowledge about this?

I had the value package earlier this year on the Fascination and it worked fine. Not lightening speed, but it served it's purpose. (FB, checking in with family, emails, researching the ports, etc.). If I remember correctly, there were instructions in the cabin and I signed up from there. When you get the package, it covers one device, so you can either share it between devices or you will have to get two packages. (Only one can be logged on at a time.)

We got the social media package on our cruise in November (it's perfect for keeping in touch with others while on the ship, if you use FB Messenger). When you get on board, if you open an Internet search option (we were using iPhones, so Safari) and purchased it on our phone, charged to our S&S card.

We had perfect service with this BTW.

We got the social media package on our cruise in November (it's perfect for keeping in touch with others while on the ship, if you use FB Messenger). When you get on board, if you open an Internet search option (we were using iPhones, so Safari) and purchased it on our phone, charged to our S&S card.

We had perfect service with this BTW.

Great news. Thank you so much.

Do you have to change anything with your cellphone coverage? I thought you had to pay something extra with AT&T or whoever you have cell service with..

I'm guessing not if you change your settings properly. While in Europe to avoid the huge cell phone bill, I put my iPhone on Airplane mode and leave it there the entire time but then I turn on Wifi only and use Wifi were available for free.

When you get the package, it covers one device, so you can either share it between devices or you will have to get two packages. (Only one can be logged on at a time.)

If you're tech savvy, you can get a WiFi-to-WiFi repeater/bridge which allows you to connect the repeater to the ship's WiFi, and then connect as many devices as you want to the repeater.

I used to have one of these which would do the trick. I presume there are similar products available today that can do the same thing.

A quick search yielded this $17 device which looks like it would fit the bill (and it's so tiny! -- smaller than a credit card).

Bridge Mode

Definition: The TL-WR702N borrows existing wireless Internet and broadcasts it using a different network name(SSID) and password. This application can create two individual networks for two groups of users sharing one Internet.

Edited by knagl