A few questions about Jade

comcox

I will be taking a Western Caribbean cruise on the Jade in mid-January and I have some questions for folks who have sailed on her recently.

What time do the swimming pools open in the morning? I really like to swim before breakfast.

What time does the gym open in the morning? And do they have the awful music going early in the morning like they do on some ships?

From photos it looks like the Spa has some small pools. How much does it cost to use them?

What are some quiet and comfortable places to sit to read on the ship during the day?

I read on another thread that soft-serve ice cream was available in the Garden Café. Is that just at lunch time or is it available all day?

Is the MDR the only place to get hard ice cream? If so, can one just go in and order dessert without eating a full meal there?

Thanks for the help.

Sorry OP for high jacking this thread, but I have a few questions of my own (I'll be sailing Jade in Feb.) and didn't think it made sense to start another thread.

1. I understand that alcoholic drinks will be limited on embarkation day when we sail out of Houston and that we will pay tax on what is available until we hit open water. But what does "limited" mean? What is available? Can I have wine with my dinner? ...or maybe lunch. ;) Is it limited the entire first day or just until we hit open water?

2. Cagney's premium entrees: Assuming the current Cagney's menu is still in play in Feb, where a whole lobster is a $9.99 upcharge, does the SDP cover that? The T&C states in part that all menu items are included (including the upcharge items at Le Bistro) and a charge applied to additional entrees, meaning ordering more than one.

Thank you!

To the OP:

Spa: $129 per person for he week if you pre pay, otherwise add $20 per person. I don't know how much a day pass is. The Jade spa has one therapeutic pool not for swimming, heated lounge chairs, a hot tub and sauna (and/or steam room, I can't remember) which is in the locker rooms.

I will be taking a Western Caribbean cruise on the Jade in mid-January and I have some questions for folks who have sailed on her recently.

What time do the swimming pools open in the morning? I really like to swim before breakfast.

What time does the gym open in the morning? And do they have the awful music going early in the morning like they do on some ships?

From photos it looks like the Spa has some small pools. How much does it cost to use them?

What are some quiet and comfortable places to sit to read on the ship during the day?

I read on another thread that soft-serve ice cream was available in the Garden Café. Is that just at lunch time or is it available all day?

Is the MDR the only place to get hard ice cream? If so, can one just go in and order dessert without eating a full meal there?

Thanks for the help.

Hard ice cream is also usually available at the hamburger grill/bar by pool.

Soft serve should be available most of day at outside buffet at Great Outdoors.

Sorry OP for high jacking this thread, but I have a few questions of my own (I'll be sailing Jade in Feb.) and didn't think it made sense to start another thread.

1. I understand that alcoholic drinks will be limited on embarkation day when we sail out of Houston and that we will pay tax on what is available until we hit open water. But what does "limited" mean? What is available? Can I have wine with my dinner? ...or maybe lunch. ;) Is it limited the entire first day or just until we hit open water?

2. Cagney's premium entrees: Assuming the current Cagney's menu is still in play in Feb, where a whole lobster is a $9.99 upcharge, does the SDP cover that? The T&C states in part that all menu items are included (including the upcharge items at Le Bistro) and a charge applied to additional entrees, meaning ordering more than one.

Thank you!

To the OP:

Spa: $129 per person for he week if you pre pay, otherwise add $20 per person. I don't know how much a day pass is. The Jade spa has one therapeutic pool not for swimming, heated lounge chairs, a hot tub and sauna (and/or steam room, I can't remember) which is in the locker rooms.

We just got off the Jade this morning.

The limited alcohol is still a lot to choose from. You can still get wine too. I don't have a list (they never told us) but it seemed you could get almost any type of drink you wanted, but the premium stuff wasn't part of the list.

We had the UDP and our friends had the SDP. We had the whole main lobster in Cagneys and didn't get up charged. It was good and you should try it, but I didn't think it was anything special.

I just got off the Jade this morning and can answer a few of your questions.

I'm pretty sure that the pools open at 8 a.m. The gym opens at 6 a.m. and I didn't really notice any music, but I was listening to my own, so if anything was playing it wasn't too loud.

A good place to read in peace and quiet during the day is the Spinnaker Lounge, when nothing is going on there - it's usually very empty. The soft serve ice cream machines were working from around lunch until after dinner. You can get hard ice cream all the time at the Blue Lagoon on deck 8 - there is a brownie sundae on the menu, but you can just ask for ice cream with chocolate syrup.

For the question about drinks on embarkation day - the ship can only sell liquor that they paid TX taxes on until they get to international waters - sometime later at night. However, beer, wine, and mixed drinks are available, but not as wide a selection as is available once the ship gets out of TX waters.