Great City Tour and Authentic Lunch

nikiniknik

We were bored with the same old shops and inflated prices of food and drinks next to the pier and decided to venture out. We decided on the 1 hour city tour with Easy Tours. We picked that one because it was 1 driver of a tuk tuk and my boyfriend and I. I loved that it was small and personalized. I had no desire to be on a train, truck, or bus.

Our tour guide Eddie drove us all around the city and gave lots of historical information. He was sad to say many shops close in the city because not enough tourist will venture into the city. He asked why that was. We were honest and told him that the cruise personnel say not to venture out because it's dangerous. Like many large cities, it is safe as long as you don't go to far out.

We met some American ladies that had been staying in the city. They said the warnings of extreme danger are hogwash, and they had experienced nothing but wonderful treatment from the locals.

We told Eddie that we wanted to enjoy a cheap authentic lunch that the locals would enjoy. He took us to Anna's Lunch Box. It was delicious! We had stewed chicken, AMAZING jerk conch, cilantro rice, red bean rice, homemade habanero salsa, and two beers for $18! http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g291968-d2207397-Reviews-Anna_s_Lunch_Box-Belize_City_Belize_District.html

I highly recommend Easy Tours, and Anna's Lunch Box.

We were bored with the same old shops and inflated prices of food and drinks next to the pier and decided to venture out. We decided on the 1 hour city tour with Easy Tours. We picked that one because it was 1 driver of a tuk tuk and my boyfriend and I. I loved that it was small and personalized. I had no desire to be on a train, truck, or bus.

Our tour guide Eddie drove us all around the city and gave lots of historical information. He was sad to say many shops close in the city because not enough tourist will venture into the city. He asked why that was. We were honest and told him that the cruise personnel say not to venture out because it's dangerous. Like many large cities, it is safe as long as you don't go to far out.

We met some American ladies that had been staying in the city. They said the warnings of extreme danger are hogwash, and they had experienced nothing but wonderful treatment from the locals.

We told Eddie that we wanted to enjoy a cheap authentic lunch that the locals would enjoy. He took us to Anna's Lunch Box. It was delicious! We had stewed chicken, AMAZING jerk conch, cilantro rice, red bean rice, homemade habanero salsa, and two beers for $18! http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g291968-d2207397-Reviews-Anna_s_Lunch_Box-Belize_City_Belize_District.html

I highly recommend Easy Tours, and Anna's Lunch Box.

Sounds like a nice tour. Cost? We have done cave tubing, ruins, the old bannister island, butterfly farm so looking for something differne

We were quoted $25 per person for just the two of us, or $20 per person if we didn't mind another couple riding with us, as the tuk tuk seats 4 people (plus the driver).

We didn't mind another couple, so we paid $20 each. We waited for about 10 minutes and another couple didn't come up during that time, so we got a private tour.

We got lucky with that. I'd advise just paying the $25 to do private, as the tuk tuk might be a little crowded with 4 people, and I also enjoy the personal service.