QM2 Queens Grill: Table for 12?

mike14c

Hello:

We're having a family reunion on the QM2 westbound crossing on June 27th. We're a group of 12 in total, all of us in Queens Grill class, all adults.

Here's my question: I don't remember tables for more than six (maybe 8) in the Queens Grill, and according to Cunard, we can only be accomodated at two tables of 6. That's fine really, but one nice table of 12 would be much nicer. Has anyone ever been accomodated this way or seen a table this large in the Queen's Grill on QM2 (or QE2 for that matter?). Thanks for any insight or help!!

There would be no way to accommodate 12 people comfortably at one table in the QG. Even when you have a table for 8, it can be quite uncomfortable with everything on the table and everyone squeezed in a small space. I just cannot see where they would put a table for 12 without taking up the space they need for their other patrons. It would mean pushing out their round tables for 6, and putting four tables for 4 together in a long line. I just don't see how it can be done comfortably or safely.

Has anyone ever been accomodated this way or seen a table this large in the Queen's Grill on QM2 (or QE2 for that matter?). Thanks for any insight or help!!

I have seen a table of 14 set in the Queens Grill on theQE2 - it was positioned right in the centre of the well in the Restaurant - so it can be done!

Thank you for your responses. Seems like it might be a possibility. Won't make or breaak or trip in any case, but if I know its been done before that good ammo for the Cunard special services department.

Archived