Sheraton Hotel in Tahaiti

Curious Jan

I just read a very disturbing message on this board about someone's stay at the Sheraton. They said there were cock roaches everywhere.

We have a two day pre cruise there and I am hoping that this was a one time problem. Please if you stayed there and everything was ok, please let me know. I will die if I see a cockroach. I don't care about luxury or great food but cleanliness is very important to me.

Thanks

Jan

I saw that same message and it made me shutter. Only thing I can say is that it is the first message I have ever seen telling about something like this. Every other post about the Sheraton says it is a nice property and they enjoyed their stay there.

It is kind of like reviews. You will always run into one of them that says the cruise was simply terrible while 100 reviews of the same sailing tell of how great it was. When I read only one statement by someone of how terrible things are, I take them with a grain of salt and wonder how they could have had such a terrible time when everyone else enjoyed it so much. Just my opinion of coarse.

smilie_hund1.gif

Tahitian October 14th,2004

I stayed at the Sheraton in a dayroom in 2003 and it was fine. Did not see any bugs. This year I stayed at the Beachcomber in a dayroom for after the cruise and I enjoyed it much more than the Sheraton. It was really spectacular. I was able to book this on the Intercontinental site for $179/nt and when we go back I plan on staying there at least two nights it was so wonderful.

Don't worry about the Sheraton and just enjoy your stay. However, remember this is the tropics and the bugs you may see are usually from humidity not dirty accommodations. Any tropical climate with heat and humidity has cockroaches. We have been to Hawaii many times and you can see them climbing the palm trees. They may be a little different (larger) than the ones you have at home since they seem to come in all varieties. They are more afraid of you than you are of them.

Go and enjoy your vacation. Don't worry, it is paradise.

Jackie

NY Lady is right. I live in the tropics (South Florida), and excuse me, we call them "Palmetto Bugs," as they usually reside in palm trees. Annoying as they are, they are not to be feared, and most definitely, are not a sign of cleanliness, or lack there of. However, to ease your mind, my DH and I will be staying at the Sheraton on the final day of our cruise, May 14th. I promise to post back here on May 17th, and will tell you an up to the date report on the Sheraton. Til then.....

Kaysie

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>When I read only one statement by someone of how terrible things are, I take them with a grain of salt and wonder how they could have had such a terrible time when everyone else enjoyed it so much. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I was the one who posted it and if I'd read it from someone elses post I would wonder about that also. It is true about the roaches and the reason there were so many was a nest was under the wicker basket holding the shampoos, etc. I agree the hotel is nice and others have not had the same problem. Our problem was probably so bad because the stationary part of the sliding glass door had about a 1/4 inch gap that allowed wind to whistle through it.

We were there April 2003 and others did have a problem with the hotel charging for breakfast so double check if you have a Princess hotel voucher. At check in they did not give us the required coupons and when the word got out we went to the desk to get ours. I had to ask for the blue Princess voucher back and turn it over showing that the breakfast was included when they insisted it was not. All credits were applied.

I did not even suggest that no one should stay at the Sheraton but if it could happen to us it can happen to you. The person's post asked for an opinion between 2 hotels so I gave them our thoughts.

Future cruises:

Sept. 04 Star Princess x 2

Jan. 05 Diamond Princess

July 05 Star Princess

Aug. 05 Star Pincess

Past cruises:

04 Dawn Princess x 2

03 Grand,Sun,Tahitian,

Royal Princess x 2,Island Princess

01 Ryndam x 2

00 Sky Princess

79 Sitmar's Fairwind

we stayed there in Feb, 2004 and the rooms were fine. Others who also stayed there before the tp cruise had no complaints.

1/05 Constellation

2004 Tahitian Princess

2002 zuiderdam

2001 millenium

1993 regent sea

1986 emerald sea

1981 sun viking

1971 jason

1969 carla c

Hello

I stayed at the Sheraton for our March 8th cruise 2004, the Hotel was great and the rooms where clean, just remember you are in the South Pacific and all the lobbies and hallways are outside so yes you will see a bug or two.The breakfast is included and never did it show up on our bill.We also stayed at the Le-Meridian post cruise and this hotel was fantastic and would stay there and the Sheraton again when we return in 2006.Feel free to ask any other questions.

Tom

Archived