Warning...charges Added To Atlantis Bill!!!

vossjemi

Ok, I previously posted a glowing review of Atlantis, but now that I have these charges, I don't know. We'll see how it turns out. I made it a separate thread to be sure people interested in Atlantis would know.

Ok, got home. Thought Atlantis was great...until I got the bill! I was cross checking all my receipts against my trip and verifying on credit card this weekend, when I noticed a $72.63 charge from Atlantis! Huh? We had the $99 travelzoo deal which we had to pay in advance, so all there should have been was room taxes! I called this morning and found out there was 11.88 taxes, 14.50 gratuities, and 46.25 minibar charge!!! Now, we never even opened the minibar, let alone use it. And, what is with the $14.50 for gratuities, not sure what that is about either. I called Atlantis' Quality Assurance and they are sending my complaint over to Atlantis to verify whether or not we used minibar. What if they say we did? How in the world do I disprove that? We did bring our own softsided cooler with us that had waters and we brought some of our own snacks from ship and didn't purchase or eat at thing at Atlantis! I will dispute the charge on my credit card bill, but I just wanted to give anyone going the heads up! Maybe this was their plan all along...offer low rates and then sock you with some kind of fees for things you didn't use and can't prove you didn't.

Archived